HE-6 Loaner Program [EU-Version]
Oct 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #61 of 168
Quote:

You got the pair(s) to be used to continue the EU loaner program? But you are located in the US...

You know me better than that. I have one of the first 2 that were sent to Fang for RMAF. I only have a couple of weeks with them, then he's going to take them to Colorado, then I will get my own pair, once Head-Direct starts to fulfill their orders.
The European Loaner program is a separate entity.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #62 of 168
I think he just posted his impressions here.
Is the EU loaner programme still open for new members? Slovenia is adjacent to Italy so maybe it could pass through my country? 
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #63 of 168

Ah, now I see.
You got me wondering as this is actually the thread for the EU loaner program...
tongue_smile.gif

What I meant to ask for earlier today was - any updated news about the HE6 pair for the EU loaner program?

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #64 of 168
I know. But I figured people in the loaner program should know about the final production changes. Maybe you can get Fang to substitute the production unit for the original one slated for loaner.

...Just saying.

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #65 of 168
No hard feelings!
bigsmile_face.gif

Just read your impressions and it sure looks like Fang have made some really great improvements. Build and sound quality wise.

Fingers crossed that the run will continue shortly.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #66 of 168
The loaner program is going to start again !! 
L3000.gif

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #67 of 168

Quote:
The loaner program is going to start again !! 
L3000.gif

Only for those listed on the front page or is it open for new guys too?

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #68 of 168
Dear Everybody,

sorry to keep you waiting but now the program is on the move again as we are sending out the revised version of the HE-6 to Tester AXELLONE today. It took longer than expected because a few changes were incorporated from things that we had learned.
So this is what has changed compared to the previous version and the two units that have been going around in the US for a while now:

1. Upgraded magnetic structure in the drivers bringing the efficiency to about the same level as the HE-5 LE. You still need a good and strong headphone amplifier but you do no longer need an amplifier designed to drive speakers to get the best from an HE-6.
  2. New connection cable made from monocrystalline copper which sounds notably better and also turns out to be nicely flexible.
  3. New finish on the earcaps which now feature a dark metal-like paint job that looks very luxurious. The same is true for the caps covering the slider mechanism which now sport a silver colour product identifier.
  4. A prototype speaker cable adaptor box is incldued with the loaner unit. This will be of use for those people who do not own a powerful enough headphone amplifier to drive the HE-6. This box brings down the impedance of an HE-6 down to about 9 Ohms. We are thinking of having a version of this box as an option for those people who do not want to purchase a headphone amplifier.

The picture above is not true to the real beauty of the new headphone as I did it with a small compact camera and the colours did not really turn out that nicely. There certainly is no touch of purple in the earcaps!
redface.gif
 Well - at least the headphone stand turned out really nice.

Best regards to everyone and I hope everyone is happy with the way things are moving ahead.

Jan Sieveking

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #69 of 168

Wow, great look!!!
if the sound is the same....
aldo

Quote:
Dear Everybody,

sorry to keep you waiting but now the program is on the move again as we are sending out the revised version of the HE-6 to Tester AXELLONE today. It took longer than expected because a few changes were incorporated from things that we had learned.
So this is what has changed compared to the previous version and the two units that have been going around in the US for a while now:

1. Upgraded magnetic structure in the drivers bringing the efficiency to about the same level as the HE-5 LE. You still need a good and strong headphone amplifier but you do no longer need an amplifier designed to drive speakers to get the best from an HE-6.
  2. New connection cable made from monocrystalline copper which sounds notably better and also turns out to be nicely flexible.
  3. New finish on the earcaps which now feature a dark metal-like paint job that looks very luxurious. The same is true for the caps covering the slider mechanism which now sport a silver colour product identifier.
  4. A prototype speaker cable adaptor box is incldued with the loaner unit. This will be of use for those people who do not own a powerful enough headphone amplifier to drive the HE-6. This box brings down the impedance of an HE-6 down to about 9 Ohms. We are thinking of having a version of this box as an option for those people who do not want to purchase a headphone amplifier.

The picture above is not true to the real beauty of the new headphone as I did it with a small compact camera and the colours did not really turn out that nicely. There certainly is no touch of purple in the earcaps!
redface.gif
 Well - at least the headphone stand turned out really nice.

Best regards to everyone and I hope everyone is happy with the way things are moving ahead.

Jan Sieveking

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #71 of 168
It sure looks great. Definitely cleaner than the pre-runs.
Will be interesting to see how you guys like it, especially those who made to audition the first pair.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #72 of 168
Mr. Sieveking can you tell me how does HE-6 fit on your Omega stand? HD800 fit nicely, while HD600 with cardas connectors don't. Regarding headband setting-->I have a small head. (but big brain). Thanks

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #73 of 168
Sorry guys, but too much time has passed from the initial schedule and I won't be able to review the HE6 anymore... I will have to pass.

Cheers,
Tony

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #74 of 168
Dear Everybody,
I have updated the list of particiapants in post 1 of this thread and we have got another Englishman in the group now.

Regading the question of an HE-6 (or for that fact HE-5LE or HE-4) fitting on an Omega headphone stand: They fit nicely with cables attached as long as your head is not huge and you have pulled out the earcaps to maximum. In that case you would need to push them up slightly for a comfortable positoning on the Omega.

Best regards and happy listening,

Jan Sieveking

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #75 of 168

Finally the new version of HE6 cames, aesthetically and technically revisited and corrected.
Now there is a small difference in aestheticsfrom the younger sister, the HE5LE, from which incorporates the features of the earpad and the headband. In my opinion the quality of the sound of these products should have a strong system of support, but maybe that could be only my sensation and the time would confirm it.
The aesthetic differences between the two models, HE5LE and HE6, concern essentially the earpads finishing, glossy black for HE6 and black rubber effect on HE5LE. The headband is covered in natural brown leather, ill-suited to black external earpads, but probably it still be the same from the first prototype that had brown earpads.
HE6 is 100 gr heavier than the HE5, but this is not particularly noticeable when be worned and its 500gr seems not excessive. The weight is obviously without the cable, which was replaced with a different version from the one that the initial prototype be provided of, the same as the HE5.

The differences of performance with the model that was initially  tested, concern especially the sensitivity of the headphone, which had proved ill-suited to reproduce high sound pressure levels, and that needed to be driven with amplifiers for the speakers. This headphone, just to have a comparison, had proved fairly less efficient than the AKG K1000.
During the first listening, the difference with HE5LE was unsignificant, but by the listening there was a significant improvement untill the comparisation became impossible.
The music that comes from HE6 is much more clear, the sound of instruments are more defined, low frequency is more slowed, but the greater difference is for the medium range, much more warm and musical.
I know that these terms in English could mean something different from my own language, but, in one word, the HE6 is really  much better then HE5.
The headphone is suitable for all types of music, modern and classic, and I think it's the winner from comparisons with competitors such as T1 and HD800, while the Queen of Austria, the K1000, still be on the throne!
It remains the regret for the good memory of the first version of HE6, in my opinion better than the one that we have tested now.
Infact, if we are looking for some downside, this headphone is a bit pimp: gives a very attractive signal but sometimes, maybe, unrealistic.
This is a headphone that be appreciated from the first hearing and that only needs a sufficiently strong signal, almost like the AKG K1000.
Among the devices tested to listen to it, I got the best result with the CD player Audio Research CD3mkII, Audio Research LS25 pre, Audio Note Conqueror power amplifier and cables Transparent Ultra.

Unfortunately, the test is over and the headphone went to the next participant to the test. Waiting to know the final price ...
Thanks to those who made it possible I could make these plays.
Best Regards, Enrico 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back