HE-500 Loaner Program
Nov 20, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #181 of 185

Quote:
Holy crap guys. I have had the 500's in my spare bedroom since they arrived. The day the came I ended up in the hospital. The box that Gorthon sent me has never even been opened. 

I had pancreas problems  it seems my family has some herreditary pancreas duct issues and ended up carrying around a bag to feed me for months. I am in the process of moving and found the box today. I immediately called customer service and am shipping them back to headdirect tomorrow. I feel like such an ASS. I am so sorry to the community. It was a total accident. I have been a member here for years . I have bought and sold many things and would never intentionally tarnish myself . I  would never want to hurt head-fi and it's community and that was never my intent. I am SO sorry about everything. I have just logged on to my my account for the first time since the illness that has changed my life.  I have a ton of PM's that I will be getting to, I am sure some of these are about the 500's. Again I am SO very sorry. I did not even remember that they had came. 

I beg for forgivness and if you can't I understand that also.

Chris

Well, get well soon, or as well as you can under the circumstances!

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #183 of 185
Hello Hifiman, will there ever be a HE-500 with only one magnet? A lighter version without the metal bar running across the driver with good velour pads would probably be the perfect headphone for me.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #184 of 185
Wondering if it's still going on. If it is, myself and a couple other head-fiers in the area would like to try them.

There are about 6 of us who live within two miles of each other and at our last meet, everyone explicitly said 'I'd like to try HE-500."

If sent to me, I'd like to try to organize a minimeet around these headphones. ; )

Personally I'm wondering if it's better than lcd-2. If it's more neutral along the HD 600 lines I may buy one. As for the others, if they think it sounds better than their lcd2's they will likely buy one.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #185 of 185
Review is finally up! http://headfonics.com/2011/11/hifiman-he500-proof-that-the-planars-are-here-to-stay/ Gorthon has them now, at least I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back