HE-500 a bit heavy.. makes ears sweat
Nov 21, 2012 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Peculier

100+ Head-Fier
I love the sound of the HE-500, but I have a relatively small head, and after about 10 minutes or so of listening to music, my ears will actually be sweating. Would changing the earpads remedy this?

The headphone itself is also quite heavy, and I was wondering if it was possible to change the headband to something that would provide a bit more support and cushioning to help relieve some of the weight. 

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I love the sound of the HE-500, but I have a relatively small head, and after about 10 minutes or so of listening to music, my ears will actually be sweating. Would changing the earpads remedy this?

The headphone itself is also quite heavy, and I was wondering if it was possible to change the headband to something that would provide a bit more support and cushioning to help relieve some of the weight. 

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Check out my post here for the headband: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635480/simple-but-successful-mod-on-he-400s
Would also give you the added bonus of more support for a smaller head. Should help with the weight as you will have more padding. As for the pads I believe the HE-500s already come with velour pads, which IMO are nice and airy? I'm not sure how your ears are getting hot from them. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Check out my post here for the headband: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635480/simple-but-successful-mod-on-he-400s
Would also give you the added bonus of more support for a smaller head. Should help with the weight as you will have more padding. As for the pads I believe the HE-500s already come with velour pads, which IMO are nice and airy? I'm not sure how your ears are getting hot from them. 

Yes I know it's not supposed to but the issue is that they are, and that's the problem. 
confused_face.gif
 Any good replacement pads? 

And thanks for the headband link!

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Yes I know it's not supposed to but the issue is that they are, and that's the problem. 
confused_face.gif
 Any good replacement pads? 

And thanks for the headband link!

I don't think you will find pads that will be cooler then velour. The Velours were much better then the fake leather pads the he-400s came with stock. Is it a problem you get with most headphones? Maybe if velour is just hot for you. IDK 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back