HE-400 vs LCD 2 comfort/weight comparisons
Mar 14, 2016 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chewy4

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been debating making the jump from the HE-400 to the LCD 2 since the connector on one of the ear pieces is going out.

Unfortunately there's nowhere around here where I could give the LCD 2 a go but I know they weigh a bit more. Numbers wise it seems like not that much more, but is it a noticeable difference? 

I've got extra padding on my HE-400's headband and custom J$ leather pads, absolutely no comfort issues with it whatsoever no matter how long I wear it. Should I be fine with LCD 2?

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Just got the LCD-2's in the mail today.

Weight difference is negligible, they actually feel a bit lighter than the HE-400's since there's more clamp and they're more comfortable all around imo.

Haven't had time for an extended listening sesh yet but I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 4
  Just got the LCD-2's in the mail today.

Weight difference is negligible, they actually feel a bit lighter than the HE-400's since there's more clamp and they're more comfortable all around imo.

Haven't had time for an extended listening sesh yet but I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

Good to hear.  Were you able to adjust the clap pressure on your HE-400?  Also, since your connector on the HE-400 is having issues - you could go the direct solder route and permanently connect a cable to the headphones.  I haven't found suitable connections for the cup side.  I've purchased such connectors for test purposes in building cables, but mainly, the connector is a larger chassis-style connector and not quite as compact as what Hifiman uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back