HE 300
Aug 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Richsvt

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a HE 300. I wanted to get these after some reading. I know they aren't orthos but wants to step slowly into the hifiman arena. I had heard that they are a pretty decent set for what they are and price point. After some gift cards and points, I basically got them for a song (free). So investment is small. I'll be using these mostly for FLACs for classical and jazz from MB Pro to my Schiit M&M stack. If I like what I hear, I may save up for the HE 400s later in the year. I just couldn't swing the extra cost of the 400s right now. I will post some feedback once I get them. Now the waiting...

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 3
I got these and started to listen and very impressed with the quality. Seemed to be a little sibilant but maybe was the source material I was listening to. I need to let these burn in some and willl see. Looks like the cable I got is a braided silver. Not sure if actual silver or spc. Either way, nice touch. I like the bass extension. Not boomy and there is a good impact for an open phone. Soundstage appears wide, but not as spacious as I read about. Will need to listen to with some FLACs through my M&M stack to see how they perform under power. Overall, I like these and glad I got them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back