HDCD list
Mar 29, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 595
Thank you Megaptera for doing this!
smily_headphones1.gif

Firts of all,
I misspelled Bettye LaVette in the previous thread so you copied it wrong, sorry for that, It should be Bettye not Bettey

Lou thought this list should just be for unlabelled HDCD's. I disagree. When you buy the Cd's in the store you can see the label but online they often don't mention it so the label doen't do you any good.

About the sticky situation in the music forum. I agree, far too many allready. I was wondering if these threads could be put in a subsection, like the full reviews are or something like that. If that's not possible I don't mind much. There's always the search if you can't find the thread anymore. Allthough IMHO I think a HDCD list is more sticky worthy that the last 5 cd purchases. That one will stay high in the list anyway.

Mar 29, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #19 of 595
Lou,
SACD is mostly mentioned but HDCD hardly.
frown.gif

Let us know if you find anything good will you?

Soundboy,
Maybe a cup of coffee will help, we're talking about HDCD not SACD.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 595
Quote:

There're 1,961 SACDs listed on sa-cd.net as of 03/29/2004. This list is growing at about 3 titles per day. There are about anywhere from 50 to 150 titles that are not listed.

Looks like a good resource for SACDs. I'd like to keep this thread focused on HDCD, though -- there's already enough of those to keep me occupied
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #22 of 595
A few more:

Pop/Folk:

Leo Kottke / Mike Gorden - Clone

Pop/Rock:

Natalie Merchant - Ophelia (and probably her other titles too)

Grateful Dead - Many of the Dick's Picks series and live releases

Mar 29, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #24 of 595
Am I correct in my interpretation that all recently released Grateful Dead albums, whether live or remastered studio albums, are HDCD? I'm wondering if I can include them all in a single listing (which I'd like to do for space reasons), but if the live albums are not consistently HDCD I'll seperate them.

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #27 of 595
Quote:

I looked at a few Greatful Dead Cds and only one the one That I bought had the HDCD logo on it.

Hmm. Interesting -- I thought I read that all of their recent releases are HDCD. I couldn't give you any dates or specifics, though. Are they older recordings?

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #29 of 595
Quote:

I hope that you are going to update the first post so we can look at it from time to time.

Heh, that's what I've been doing
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be updating it whenever I come across any new information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back