HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around!
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #46 of 317
Jude's semi-review was with the yggy as the DAC. that has to account for a lot of the clarity/transparency, as early reviewers say it's the DAC to rule them all. so in the end, hard to tell from Jude. he obviously gives glowing reviews to most stuff anyway, but combine the yggy and the he1000 and it's hard to figure out which is the star.

hahah thats true. part of his job tho & hes passionate abt everything.

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #47 of 317
While the Yggy certainly played a part, we cannot know for certain without hearing it as people keep saying here, including OP.

The headphone star of the Vegas show was selected by Tyll to be the HE-1000. Some of my friends have also voiced similar impressions. They were not using the Yggy.

But you know what? It does seem to put a questionable light on Judes take of the updates version unless he separates Yggy from HE 1000.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #48 of 317
Honestly for me it's a good news if the HE1000 is not an HD800 bis. I heard the HD800 on several setups WA5, BA, 2A3MKIV and for me it was always too sharp. It lacking body and didn't have enough cohesive presentation as each instruments seems to play on his place.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #49 of 317
Honestly for me it's a good news if the HE1000 is not an HD800 bis. I heard the HD800 on several setups WA5, BA, 2A3MKIV and for me it was always too sharp. It lacking body and didn't have enough cohesive presentation as each instruments seems to play on his place.

I agree. But you illustrate the problem with the debate in the first place. What you call a lack of cohesion another calls an abundance of separation, and so on and so forth. Since we are looking for different presentations of sound, since our tastes differ, the debate is paralyses without moving beyond such assumptions and predispositions.

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #55 of 317
that would be the Head-Fi member posting as Liu Junyuan
wink.gif

? not sure about that ... there is profile info for Liu, so why asking but there is no profile for "Hun7er" and also no profile info by "gahung" for that matter.

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #56 of 317
This is an excellent review, thanks coinmaster,was thinking of selling HD800, TH900 and HE6 to get HE1000 but looks like this headphone is over-exaggerated headphone based on your review.

Thanks !

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #58 of 317
@icebear - it was a hunch based on the order of posts. maybe it didn't occur to gahung to check liu junyuan's profile - it does happen. anyways gahung might come back and tell us who the question was for. :wink:

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #59 of 317
This is an excellent review, thanks coinmaster,was thinking of selling HD800, TH900 and HE6 to get HE1000 but looks like this headphone is over-exaggerated headphone based on your review.

Thanks !

but what if someone else who's compared these cans has a totally different view. don't you owe it to yourself to hear the he1000?

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #60 of 317
People are making final decisions based on a single listening session where the reviewer had very limited time with the headphones, did not have their music of choice, and had no familiarity with the upstream gear?

I suppose, but I wouldn't rush to a conclusion based solely on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back