HD800 Promotion....get it while its HOT!!!!!
Oct 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio

Ok, the exciting news is that I just became an authorized Sennheiser dealer and I can now sell the HD800!!

Limited promotion:

1. Buy a new pair of HD800's and receive an 8 feet TWag replacement cable for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. That is a $450 value. If you would like a different termination other than 1/4", than a small fee would be applied.
  3. Review of the Elite TWag replacement cable: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503989/review-the-duel-of-the-x-es-the-whiplash-twag-reference-x-cables-for-sennheiser-hd650-hd800#post_6806619
  4. LIMITED to the first 10 customers
  5. LIMITED to CONUS. No exceptions.
  6. Full manufacture warranty applies for the HD800's. There is a limited 1 yr warranty which applies to the cable
  7. You must contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com
  8. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery. 
  9. Price is $1399.95 plus $25 shipping. 

Details on the cable:

This cable is made from TWag which is one of the best sounding wires being made today.

Information on TWag:

The Wire; Silver". "The Wire; Silver", or "TWag" is a CFDCT-UP-OCC stranded silver wire that sets a new standard of performance. Everything about "TWag" is custom; the extraordinarily high strand count, the custom formulated LL-PE dielectric, the silver used (CF-DCT-UPOCC) and the cryo profile used to treat it (our proprietary CryoFreeze™ process). TWag is a true bespoke wire and is only available direct from CryoParts and the only authorized OEM at this time, Whiplash Audio. The base metal used is an unidirectional UPOCC, being almost free from impurity (up to 99.99998% pure silver) has ideal electrical resistance properties and practically no crystal boundaries. Accordingly, it is able to transmit electrical signals faster, and with less distortion than ordinary OFC and silver wires. All of these features make the pure OCC silver the state-of-the art conductor materials for the audiophile cable industry.

TWag flexibility, premier performance and a complete sound reproduction makes this a perfect application uses for connecting your source to your ears. This is one of the best wires made today. 

Balanced using CryoParts Custom Carbon Cryo'd XLRs

Single Ended using CryoParts Custom Carbon Cryo'd 1/4" connector

Review: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503989/review-the-duel-of-the-x-es-the-whiplash-twag-reference-x-cables-for-sennheiser-hd650-hd800#post_6806619

Details on the HD800 from Sennheiser:

More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied into the new HD 800. Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, these open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-level audio is all about. You will form an altogether new height of sonic perspective as you experience a high-fidelity natural hearing experience. Do take note that presently, no other manufacturer has been able to come up as close as the HD 800 in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing.

Matching these headphones' reference-grade audio performance is their striking and visually effective industrial design. Premium parts have gone into their production - the transducer is encased by a precision material made of stainless steel. The ear pads are handcrafted from a high-quality microfiber fabric. This material is extremely comfortable to wear and easy to maintain. The headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced development from the aerospace industry. In terms of connectivity, these headphones utilise specially-designed, four-wire, high-performance connections with Teflon insulation. 

Truly, the HD 800 are a glorious success and have become a pioneer in headphone development. 

HD 800 – Crafted for perfection.

Features
  1. New reference class in wired headphones
  2. Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
  3. Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
  4. Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today - new innovative dynamic transducer design
  5. Uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
  6. Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
  7. Metal headband with inner damping element
  8. Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
  9. Special high precision headphone connectors
  10. 2 year warranty

Act quickly since this value will not be offered after this promotion is finished. 

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 13
This must be the best offer I have seen this year. I wonder why aren't there any similar offers in Europe...

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Is this the same TWag as used with the JHPro IEM's?  One of the posts references it as the X series? 

The reference series uses the same wire, and now TWag v2!! Reference refers to the process used to make the cable, not necessarily the wire. There are other differences that sets this apart!!

Craig                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 13
Nice...! Any similar offer for HD650s?
wink_face.gif

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Nice...! Any similar offer for HD650s?
wink_face.gif

Yes I running a sale on that as well...

New HD650 + 8' TWag v2 (the new and improved!!) S/E cable for only $520. You can FULLY customize the cable to your liking. Some options might increase the price. PM me or contact me direct at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Also

New Sennheiser IE8s + 48" TWag v2 replacement cable for $475.

ph34r.gif

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back