HD650s - Where's the hype?
Sep 19, 2003 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

seefeel

100+ Head-Fier
I was expecting there to be more talk of the Senn Hd650s by now. Does anyone have a possible release date yet? I've heard maybe October or December. Has anyone had a chance to demo them yet?

Sep 19, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 29
I'm guessing the easiest answer here is... erm... no
wink.gif

Not unless anyone from Germany (which is Sennheisers home afterall) has seen anything in 'local' press?

Sep 19, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 29
I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure there will be all the hype you can handle long before we can buy them!
biggrin.gif
Shortly thereafter, there will be a huge groundswell of people knocking them followed by some really good deals in the for sale forum!

Sep 19, 2003 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 29
They should be available by the end of October here (Czech Republic/Europe). According to all the pictures I've seen it's almost sure the cable connectors will be the same as on HD-600 so no problem with upgrade cables.
I know that the prices varies so much, but the retail price for HD-650 should be about 11.500CZK=$380 here in comparison with HD-600 available here for about 8.800CZK=$290.

Nevertheless, I can't wait for auditioning them
600smile.gif

Sep 19, 2003 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by hedonist
I'm still very insterested in seeing if, a) they'll use the same cable connectors as the 580s and 600s, and b) they'll sound much better than my 600s.

You mean they'll sound more like Grado headphones!
wink.gif

And here begin the flame wars because before the Return of the Gredi there were the Flame Wars. The evil empire of the Sennheiser wearing Siths will be overthrown!
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2003 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 29
According to what the manufacturer has been saying, the HD650 is supposed to have "better bass response" and "a more emotional sound," whatever the latter means I don't know. This could mean that Sennheiser is going for a more grado-type sound, losing natural soundstaging and image placement and instead focusing on intimacy.

But we really don't have a clue until they are released; it's all speculation. Sennheiser has traditionally been producing stuff that has pretty neutral sound.

Cheers,
Geek

Sep 19, 2003 at 2:12 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
This could mean that Sennheiser is going for a more grado-type sound, losing natural soundstaging and image placement and instead focusing on intimacy.

But we really don't have a clue until they are released; it's all speculation. Sennheiser has traditionally been producing stuff that has pretty neutral sound.

I don't know about natural soundstaging... The 600s has a bigger soundstage, but it is far from being very "natural" sounding.

Sep 19, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by seefeel
Has anyone had a chance to demo them yet?

The gentleman "Musikfreak" at the end of this thread

[http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-32-805.html]

writes he's auditioned the new HD 650 in Berlin (at the International Consumer Electronics Fair IFA), and that he thinks it's slightly better than the HD 600, which he owns. He was most impressed with the Orpheus, which was apparently on display and could be auditioned too.

Sep 19, 2003 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 29
Íàóøíèêè
Sennheiser HD 650
Îêíî

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Öåíà
Senheiser HD 650 - îòêðûòûå äèíàìè÷åñêèå Hi-End ñòåðåî íàóøíèêè âûñøåãî êëàññà. ßâëÿÿñü íîâåéøåé ðàçðàáîòêîé íà áàçå HD 600, íîâûå HD 650 èñïîëüçóþò íîâûå ìàòåðèàëû, îáåñïå÷èâàþùèå åù¸ áîëåå âûñîêîå êà÷åñòâî çâó÷àíèÿ. Sennheiser HD 650 - ýòî ýòàëîí çâó÷àíèÿ, ïîãðóæàþùèé ñëóøàòåëÿ â ìèð ìóçûêè, ãäå ðàñêðûâàþòñÿ ãîðèçîíòû íîâîãî àóäèî, íà ïîðîãå êîòîðûõ ìû ñòîèì!

Îñíîâíûå õàðàêòåðèñòèêè

Ïîïàðíî íàñòðàèâàåìàÿ ñèñòåìà ãîëîâíûõ òåëåôîíîâ ñ âûñîêîé äèíàìè÷åñêèîé ñòàáèëüíîñòüþ îáîèõ êàíàëîâ ( + /1 äÁ)

Îïòèìèçèðîâàííîå êîìïüþòåðíîå ìîäåëèðîâàíèå ãåîìåòðèè ýëåêòðîìàãíèòíûõ ñèñòåì òåëåôîíîâ äëÿ ìèíèìèçàöèè èíòåðìîäóëÿöèîííûõ è ãàðìîíè÷åñêèõ èññêàæåíèé

Î÷åíü ëåãêèå àëëþìèíèåâûå êàòóøêè èíäóêòèâíîñòè ãàðàíòèðóþò áûñòðóþ ïåðåõîäíóþ õàðàòåðèñòèêó áåç ïîòåðü óðîâíÿ âõîäÿùåãî ñèãíàëà

Ñïåöèàëüíî ðàçðàáîòàííûé àêóñòè÷åñêèé øåëê, ïðåäîñòàâëÿåò ãëàäêîå ðàâíîìåðíîå çâóêîâîå äåìïôèðîâàíèå, ïîíèæàÿ óðîâåíü èíòåðìîäóëÿöèîííûõ è ãàðìîíè÷åñêèõ èññêàæåíèé âî âñåì ÷àñòîòíîì äèàïàçîíå

Ýëåãàíòíàÿ îòäåëêà òåìíûì òèòàíîâî-ñåðåáðèñòûì ïîêðûòèåì

Âûñîêîêà÷åñòâåííîå ìåòàëëè÷åñêîå ñåòî÷íîå ïîêðûòèå ðàêîâèí òåëåôîíîâ äëÿ ïðîçðà÷íîãî îòêðûòîãî çâóêîâîñïðîèçâåäåíèÿ

Íàòóðàëüíàÿ îáúåìíàÿ çâóêîâàÿ êàðòèíà

Ñáàëàíñèðîâàííûé õðóñòÿùèé áàñ-òåìáð ñ ãëóáîêîé ïåðåäà÷åé íèçêèõ ÷àñòîò

âûñøåé ñòåïåíè ïîäëèííàÿ ïåðåäà÷à ñèãíàëà òîíàëüíîé ÷àñòîòû

Ñïåöèàëüíî ðàçðàáîòàííûé êîììóòàöèîííûé êàáåëü, èñïîëüçóþùèé áåçêèñëîðîäíóþ ìåäü OFC, èìååò âûñîêóþ ïðî÷íîñòü íà ðàçðûâ áëàãîäàðÿ èñïîëüçîâàíèþ óñèëèâàþùåãî êåâëàðîâîãî âîëîêíà, íå÷óâñòâèòåëüíûé ê êîíòàêòíûì øóìàì

Ïîçîëî÷åííûé 6,4-ìì äæåê-øòåêêåð ñ ïåðåõîäíèêîì íà ìèíè-äæåê (3,5 ìì)

2 ãîäà ãàðàíòèè

Ñïåöèôèêàöèè

Îáùèå õàðàêòåðèñòèêè
Íîìèíàëüíûé èìïåäàíñ 300 Îì
Êîíòàêòíîå äàâëåíèå ïðèáëèç. 2,5 Í
Âåñ áåç êàáåëÿ ïðèáëèç. 260 ã.
Ðàçúåì äëÿ ïîäêëþ÷åíèÿ 6,4/3,5-ìì äæåê
Ïðèíöèï ðàáîòû àêóñòè÷åñêèõ ïðåîáðàçîâàòåëåé (íàóøíèêîâ) äèíàìè÷åñêèé, îòêðûòîãî òèïà
Ôîðìà ðàêîâèí ãîëîâíûõ òåëåôîíîâ circumaural
Äëèíà êàáåëÿ 3 ìåòðà
À×Õ ãîëîâíûõ òåëåôîíîâ 10.....39500 Ãö
Óðîâåíü çâóêîâîãî äàâëåíèÿ 102 äÁ (ïðè f = 1 êÃö, V = 1 V)
Íåëèíåéíûå ãàðìîíè÷åñêèå èññêàæåíèÿ 0,05 %

*Äèçàéí è õàðàêòåðèñòèêè ìîãóò èçìåíÿòüñÿ áåç ïðåäâàðèòåëüíîãî óâåäîìëåíèÿ.

evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2003 at 3:58 PM Post #12 of 29
The following link leads you to a brief review of the HD 650 in the German magazine "video-magazin".

http://www.video-magazin.de/d/33087

They say it's better sounding than the HD 600, with (i) clearer, (ii) more immediate, and (iii) more compact sound and a tighter bass. It's their new reference headphone.

In comparison they describe the HD 600 as neutral and unspectacular, but highly detailed sounding.

The rest of the review covers the usual pseudo tech talk about the mystery silk, etc.

edit: typo

Sep 19, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #13 of 29
Sugano-san, very nice
but could you not post in hebrewish or japanese?
thank you

Sep 19, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Petae
but could you not post in hebrewish or japanese?

You're welcome.

As to the language -- it's bleedin' Russian, innit!?! I can't help it.

If you prefer Hebrew[ish] (Thanks a lot for this gem, Petae!) or Japanese, you'll have to identify the sources yourself, dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back