HD650 + Micro Stack: There's More?!?
Aug 30, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by riverlethe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd just like to get something that I won't worry about upgrading for 10+ years.

That's really an un-realistic expectation with all the modern on-going advances in audio technology.
Enjoy what you have, until something new catches your eye, and the "upgraditis" itch gets really severe. Which it does, sooner or later.
Or, just do as many of us here do -- buy a bunch of stuff, and keep the stuff you like the best. Repeat.
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by riverlethe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Turning off the crossfeed helps a lot in certain situations. I like the effect, but it seems to add way too much bass occasionally. Maybe I should just get the Headroom Desktop with a brightness filter.

The brightness filter does work quite well in my Desktop amp with Home module. The Home module is worth the xtra $99 for sure -- gives slightly better bass, and better highs, both, compared to standard desktop module.
It was an upgrade to my Micro amp, but not a HUGE one.
I could be happy with either amp, if I had to have only *one* amp, but would prefer the Desktop with Home module, if I had to choose. The brightness filter is a handy thing to have sometimes, too. I also have the stepped attenuator on it.
The new Headroom 2007 Micro amp looks like it will sound pretty good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back