HD650 ---> Alessandro MS-2
Oct 26, 2011 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scottv50

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of HD650's which I use with a CEntrance DACport out of a MacBook Pro. I like the combination but am looking to add something different. After doing a lot of research I am just about settled on the Alessandro MS-2 but was wondering what people think of these vs the HD650's. I am looking for something to listen to music such as Third Eye Blind, Collective Soul, Puddle of Mud, etc. plus probably some Van Halen and AC/DC.

My research says I should probably go with the MS-Pro, but it is a lot more money than the MS-2 and eventually I would like to get the LCD-2 or LCD-3 so don't want to spend too much on the Alessandro's.

They will be used through the DACport from the MacBook Pro.

Thoughts?

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 2
I have no experience with the type of music you listen to but I have to say the MS-2 is more forward sounding, more balanced, more neutral and has a more accurate tone to guitar and piano than the HD650 and ms-pro.  I feel that the downside of the MS-2 is thinner sounding amd smaller soundstage in comparison to the other two.  I wouldn't consider the ms-pro as an upgrade but more as a different darker flavour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back