HD600s Not bassy enough
May 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #16 of 39
yea, i think these 600s just needed to be broken in cause the guy before he only listend to clasical....but on another note, i think the ultrasone pro 900 (40 mm driver) or ultrasone dj1 (50 mm driver) are theway to go for good bass....

May 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
i am listening to trance right now my favorite artists are Mat Zo, A&B, AVB, BT and i think my hd 600 have just the right amount of bass for that genre considering trance is bass heavy on my ath m50.

If you need bass then the lcd 2 or he 500 or t50rp headphones do bass very well. I would just eq a little bass in there to save money. an 3-6 db eq in the 40-50 hz does it

+1 Eq does help. Especially since most headphones roll off at those kind of frequencies.

May 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 39
Actually I downloaded winamp and did an adjustment to the eq levels, (I had ****ty windows vista which has the worst sound driver ever invented it only has presets and no equalizer).  THe pc i'm using is just a throwaawy though , not what I'm using to record and mix stufff.  ANd let me say that the BASS IS BACKL BABY, even with just this software and no physical amp the bass is actually KICKING now, these headphones have a ton of depth....I'm listening to trance and the kick drum sounds awesome now... check out my preset though ahahaha:

May 6, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #19 of 39
That preamp is supposed to be lowered if you don't want clipping. It should be as low, as the 70 Hz is high.

May 6, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #21 of 39
Clipping in this case has nothing to do with whether they are 10 or 1000 ohms.

May 6, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 39
yea i know, i'm just saying theres no clipping, and i'm not running a desktop amp or anything, this preamp basically is my AMP ahahahha, if i was running an external amp theres no way i would have the pre gain turned up that much

May 6, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #23 of 39
the pro 900s have massive bass punch but not as much sub-bass, though its still strong. the bass isn't clean like the sennheisers though, its more muddy/boomy. its a fun headphone though. also note that it has recessed midrange and a bright metallic treble. so if you're looking for a magic midrange, they won't have it.

i would check out sennheiser hd 650s or maybe beyerdynamic DT 990 (preferably the 600 ohms), these have a straight cord btw, only the pros have the coiled. anyways regardless of wheter u get these or stick to hd 600s, get an amp. no amp = no bass. just check out the 100$ schiit magni or something. also, highly recommend the hifiman he-400. punchy with great midbass and a good overall sound.

i would not recommend the denons since they aren't as clean sounding as the sennheisers, and it appears that you aren't looking for sub-bass.

May 6, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #25 of 39
look at how i have the eq adjusted, what does it look like i'm looking for? :wink:

We were refering to the software clipping.
But i assume you are not experiencing clipping cause you have the software limiter on.

May 6, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #26 of 39
haha, well actually after listening to it on peak level like that for a couple hours it started to cancel out...getting too hot in the pc , so I had to turn it down, this is a good reason why i should have n external amp ahahahaha

May 6, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #28 of 39
Magni, O2

May 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:
haha, well actually after listening to it on peak level like that for a couple hours it started to cancel out...getting too hot in the pc , so I had to turn it down, this is a good reason why i should have n external amp ahahahaha

won't that hurt your ears first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back