HD600 / X-CanV2 burn in
May 22, 2003 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
I will be receiving my X-CanV2 shortly and I just received a new pair of Senn HD600’s. I want to do a burn in but am concerned about leaving my equipment on continuously. Is it a good idea to leave a cd player running for days? Also, should the X-CanV2 be left on continuously (since it is tube gear?)? I could use my FM tuner as a source instead of the CD player I guess.

May 22, 2003 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 3
The manual for the X-Can states to leave it on continuously. How good that is for the tubes can be debated. However, turn on/turn off cycles are damaging also, so the trick is to balance those with regular wear. I'd turn it off when you're not going to be listening for a period of time. My own strategy with tube gear is to turn it on when I get home from work if I'm going to be using it, and turn it off before I go to bed. It won't perform at its best until fully warmed up, so leave enough time for that.

I'd say avoid the mechanical stress on the CD player by using a tuner for continuous burn-in.

May 22, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I'd say avoid the mechanical stress on the CD player by using a tuner for continuous burn-in.

I would agree unless the player is new as well. Players benefit greatly from a burn in period. If you have had it for a time use the tuner and find a good classical station. That way you will get the highs and lows and exercise the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back