HD600 with Cardas cable vs Sony MDR-R10
Apr 6, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #106 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by PC Corp

So tuberoller, do you think the HD600's are any better than the Avantgarde Duos?
If I have to put a list of top 10 speakers/headphones list, such as ProAc, daynaudio, B&W, Big O, etc, then I really cannot see the Senn HD600's will be there. So, they are not hi-end.Peace by piece

Not tuberoller, but as someone who has actually heard both the AG's and the HD600s (and in fact had my HD580s and TAH with me when I heard the Duos) I can say without a moment's hesititation that the Senns are the more accurate musical conveyors. In comparison, the AG's were startling incoherent and coloured in the lower midrange. There was really no contest.

My conclusion, based on their sound in several different set-ups on two continents, is that the AG's may be High End (they're expensive and everybody who's interested knows what they are) but they definitely ain't Hi-Fi. I design my audio system for music, not to make other people's jaws drop before I even turn it on, so the AG's are pretty worthless to me.

NP: Tori Amos, "Little Earthquakes"

Apr 7, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #108 of 110
Quote:

Although we've learned something about hifi here, we've learned more about each other.

I agree, that's a great insight Jonn B.

Have we learned to be more tolerant of each others tastes yet? What about being more confident in our own? We should be able to say something is a piece of crap without someone getting their ego hurt?

Apr 7, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #109 of 110
Quote:

If there ever was a thread and needed to be closed and deleted and never be written about again, this would be it.

Oh, I completely disagree. Things are just getting fascinating here. It's the dark side of Head-Fi. But darkness gives it depth.

Apr 7, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #110 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
If it's written in an online forum, it must be true. Yeah, right.

Obviously, not everything written online is true. But I'm referring to the fact that three Stereophile writers are apparently owners of audio stores. Stereophile doesn't even hide the fact that their reviewers are routinely wined-and-dined. That's why I was pissed at Stereophile... now I'm not, because I realize that I've never bought anything because of Stereophile and still do enjoy reading their articles (and sometimes their advertisements, as well).
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back