HD600 v. 650 with SAA cable
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tgabe9

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just a quick question. I am looking to buy either the HD 600 or 650. Whichever one i get, I plan on replacing the stock cable with the SAA E-series cable. I know there is debate over which headphone is better, but I'm wondering if, with the SAA cable, one is clearly better than the other. Does anyone have input on this?

Thanks
t

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 2
There is debate here as to whether or not cables really do anything (positive or negative) to a headphone's sound. I'm of the mind that they do nothing in terms of sonics because there are so many other places in your line that bottleneck the sound. From an engineering standpoint, this just makes sense to me. When I buy upgraded cables, I do it to address durability concerns. In my opinion, no upgraded cable will change the sonics of a can so drastically that it will make it sound "better".

As for the HD 600 vs HD 650, the HD 600 is the better sounding can to my ears by far and is $100 cheaper. Buy that, buy an upgraded cable (even if it is just the HD 650 cable) because the stock cable is flimsy, and call it a day. It will be a great purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back