HD600 or HD650 or HD700?
Dec 7, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #16 of 19
Could you answer my question on the GSX1000 + amp since you're active on this thread?
I'm not sure if the GSX has the option to output un-amped signal but you won't want to double amp. I'm hoping you can use it as a preamp and run rca outs from it into a different amp. Just make sure you can return the 700 if need be, because out of my amp it really sounded awful and the Jot is a good amp. People love tube amps with the 700

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm not sure if the GSX has the option to output un-amped signal but you won't want to double amp. I'm hoping you can use it as a preamp and run rca outs from it into a different amp. Just make sure you can return the 700 if need be, because out of my amp it really sounded awful and the Jot is a good amp. People love tube amps with the 700

Double amping can be a concern if you're after ultimate fidelity, but with a GSX in-line and for gaming (opposed to playing audiophile recordings) it's not really a problem.

Anyway I think it has a line out. I'm not sure if it can output its virtual 3D sound through it though.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 19
Double amping can be a concern if you're after ultimate fidelity, but with a GSX in-line and for gaming (opposed to playing audiophile recordings) it's not really a problem.

Anyway I think it has a line out. I'm not sure if it can output its virtual 3D sound through it though.
Well the gsx should get the 700 loud enough so if audio quality doesn't matter then the extra amp isn't needed

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 19
Well the gsx should get the 700 loud enough so if audio quality doesn't matter then the extra amp isn't needed
I think the guy with the Darkvoice is using HD6XX which is slightly harder to drive than HD700.

If I recall correctly GSX1000 is only capable of 1 Vrms which is not much for the 300 Ohm Sennheiser.
Less so if GSX leaves some headroom to apply the virtual surround effect (not sure if this is the case)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back