hd600, hd650 vote on headroom, what the hell..?
Jan 19, 2006 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Blasyrkh

100+ Head-Fier
ehy, what happened on headroom? hd650 and 600 lost half point, and aren't sold with cardas cable anymore...
confused.gif
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 33
I think the voting thing has been discussed at length here before in another thread. But basically, I think it is because the K701 took over as their favorite top phone.

I'm not sure why they don't have them with the Cardas anymore. Maybe they just have you buy them seperately now?

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay
I think the voting thing has been discussed at length here before in another thread. But basically, I think it is because the K701 took over as their favorite top phone.

I'm not sure why they don't have them with the Cardas anymore. Maybe they just have you buy them seperately now?

then they should have dropped the rate of the DT880 too...

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by t_s
lol, i don't even know why any of this matters.

Because the vote is lower! Don't you understand? THE VOTE MAN!

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
Because the vote is lower! Don't you understand? THE VOTE MAN!

But surely what someone else says/thinks about a headphone doesn't alter how it sounds to you at all. I mean I consider the DT880 to be the best headphone that I own and think it sounds wonderful... from reading around here it seems that consensus is leading to the K701 being better overall - but this doesn't alter that, to me, the DT880 is wonderful. I've never heard the K701 so whether it's better or not I can't say and I don't know so to me the DT880 is still the best.

And I don't care if the vote says that they are naff or badly overpriced.... I still think I got a good deal from Meir-Audio
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 33
Please oh please before another of these 'Headroom Ratings' threads get out of hand, remember price plays a part in the "Value Rating". It's not simply quality no matter how much some members here want to make it. I prefer the HD650 signature (with Zu) over the K701, but bang for buck the AKG wins.

If any ratings should be suspect it's the sliding Grados. Again though the SR60 does well and understandably I think the SR125 and RS1 don't (on value).

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 33
Besides, maybe if the vote goes low enough they will lower their prices!
tongue.gif

I don't think the "vote" makes any difference.. anyone reading headfi will get an idea as to what is good and what isn't anyway. That's how I picked mine.

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #11 of 33
so let's see . . apple, microft, pbs, and headroom are all now considered to be part of the great evil empire?

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata

My opinion: Listen to the headphones, get your own conclusions, and just enjoy it. HeadRoom's opinion is not going to change how the headphones sound.
580smile.gif

Actually for many people I suspect it will!
eek.gif

Maybe what we need is the headphone equivalent of Robert Parker (wine guru).. start giving headphones ratings on a 100 point scale and get into arguments about whether this guru is biased towards big, fat, rich-sounding headphones instead of the balanced, netural style!

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
That's it. My HD 600 is going in the trash right now!
rolleyes.gif

A 4.5 rating is not even fit for your trash. Might as well burn them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back