HD600 for rock/electronica with bright amp
Sep 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Irrelevant. The OP's budget for headphones is ~$200, and this is for use with an inexpensive source/amp.

lol, Are you is Mommy?
rolleyes.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #34 of 42
hmm... 200 dollars..... hd595? AD900? sr225? I don't think TS amp is powerful enough to make hd600 sing, esp for trance.

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Mommy loves you... and so do I. lol.

Good...now you'll be a good Mommy, and allow him and others to spend their money on whatever they want, need or desire without any interference.
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Are you like 12 years old or something?

You just don't get it! It's super annoying getting in peoples wallet and try fit them in some synergy, especially if it's not coming from your own experience. This way you not support them, you just create more disinformation.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #40 of 42
So much emotional distress, let me see if I can help you out. Not everyone agrees with your opinions. While your opinions are information, opinions that differ from yours are not disinformation; they are information too. We all choose what information we would like to share. And that information is often based on first hand experience or from what we have read about the experiences shared by others. There. Now don't you feel better? I know I do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just don't get it! It's super annoying getting in peoples wallet and try fit them in some synergy, especially if it's not coming from your own experience. This way you not support them, you just create more disinformation.

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

So much emotional distress, let me see if I can help you out. Not everyone agrees with your opinions. While your opinions are information, opinions that differ from yours are not disinformation; they are information too. We all choose what information we would like to share. And that information is often based on first hand experience or from what we have read about the experiences shared by others. There. Now don't you feel better? I know I do.
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, I'm glad you feel better, but you're still sharing your disinformation here. First: opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one. Second: information is based on someone else's experience....meaning it's not your own experience, e.g., "I read this there", "someone told me", and so on. Now knowledge is firsthand experience, and it's based on your own experience. If you're not sharing your own firsthand experience, it means that you're sharing other people's experiences which may have been bent to fit their reality and their beliefs, and will not necessarily be accurate and maybe even misleading.

On topic, for acoustic rock, live shows, I'll recommend AKGs. For any electric guitars music, I'll definitely recommend the RS-1.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

I wouldn't want an Ultrasone with a bright source/amp. FWIR, the Sony XB500 seems like it'd be a good choice though.

Maybe not... but then again it might sound more like a Sony SA, because that, IMO, are all they are; a bright Ultrasone. The OP shouldn't rule them out just because it has a spike in the treble, plus it's easier to remove something with EQ than to add it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok enough research for now, I have spend WAY to many hours researching headphones.

Also, notice the contradiction just in the past two posts: Ultrasones being good and bad with bright amps.

Debating is good but all it just shows how subjective this all is.. time to go buy a some headphones and learn for myself.

It's all subjective, thats why everyone has different headphones even though many will share the same love for a particular genre of music. A lot of times the information that you read may be from individuals that haven't even heard the particular headphone they are suggesting.

Yes you're right; the only way to learn is to hear for yourself; my suggestion would be to spend that $200 on about 4 cheaper headphones of different caliber, sell what you don't want and then work on bettering the system with choose headphone. For $33 you can get the Denon D2000 only in the form of a cheaper plastic monster known as the JVC HA-RX700. For $50 you can pickup a DT770 destroyer that drops all the way down to 3Hz/4Hz with the Sony XB series... Try some Grado SR60 for rock and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back