HD600 Budget Amp
Nov 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Aurowave

New Head-Fier
I'll be using an XFI Gamer sound card or Zune HD for DAC, unless there is a better combo within my budget. At the top Im considering a Little Dot MKII or O2, at the bottom PA2V2. Battery/rechargeable option is a plus. I listen to trance almost exclusively, im not a basshead at all though. I tend to keep the volume levels quite low too.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I'll be using an XFI Gamer sound card or Zune HD for DAC, unless there is a better combo within my budget. At the top Im considering a Little Dot MKII or O2, at the bottom PA2V2. Battery/rechargeable option is a plus. I listen to trance almost exclusively, im not a basshead at all though. I tend to keep the volume levels quite low too.

What is your budget?

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Under 150. I got a great deal on the Senns, but I was planning to spend half what I did. Thanks a lot guys ^.^

Personally, I would go for the O2, you might find a good price on a used one.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks lowboy, I got in on that buy by 30mins. I don't know much about amps and it was a bit of an impulse buy though. As such im curious as to rather a CMOY would come up short as far as output quality? I figured a good amp wouldn't introduce unwanted properties, that are more apparent with good headphones.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #8 of 8
Bah......

I got an M-Stage because of that deal!

I was considering between the M-Stage, the Little Dot Mk III, and the Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3.

Guess I'll just have to see when the M-Stage gets here. The MP-301 dealer is in my city here in Edmonton, AB so I can take the M-Stage over and demo...

Hope it works well with my HD600!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back