HD595s, crackling?
Dec 29, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #18 of 28
If it's only happening at loud levels, it's more then likely clipping. Clipping happens if you have a source that has massive EQ effects that are straining the op amps of your headphone out. Prolonged clipping can be bad for the headphones....so the first thing you should do is eliminate all EQing. If you're still getting some clipping, then invest in a headphone amp.

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #20 of 28
i just got of the phone with a senn service center, and they said they will fully replace my set with a new ones if i bring em in, and its about a half hr away from me. I think ill bring them in if i pass by sometime.

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #21 of 28
OK....get them replaced and have the same thing happen on your new headphone!
biggrin.gif
We're not making this phenomenon known as clipping up. Have you tried Advil's suggestion??

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you open them up and inspect for a hair touching the driver; This is very common and should be done first. Use bright light to inspect for hair. Even if you don't see any blow it out with air pressure. Very common symptom and fix!

Good luck~

How can I open them up ?
confused.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 28
Good idea. Just return them and get a new one just in case...never know. Nice warranty.

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #25 of 28
Just grab the ear pads and pull them off. Takes a little bit of force but they do come off. If you find the right point on the pad to pull from you will see it lifting off from the cup.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just grab the ear pads and pull them off. Takes a little bit of force but they do come off. If you find the right point on the pad to pull from you will see it lifting off from the cup.

He was not talking about the earpads...:| i also want to know how to open the hd595!

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #28 of 28
Sometimes it is just the song too sadly...ive had a couple piano pieces that clip with heavy play that I noticed first back on HD497s and then hear some more on the HD595 even with my 0404. It is more smoothed out but there are just some mixes that are yucky
frown.gif

edit: thanks for the pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back