HD595?
Feb 16, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #16 of 23
Thank you for saying this.  The HD 595 needs a certain synergy with an amp.  With an iPod, it sounds like crap, whereas from a proper source it sounds much better than it costs.  Pairing with a vintage amp can definitely help.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
If anyone is still reading this thread, the bass only lacks without an amp.  With an amp, the bass is punchy and has extension.  With a proper amp, you can feel the HD 595s pumping sound into your head.  It is a pretty awesome feeling.

+1

I own a few cans, sold some  but hd 595 is still here

very good middle priced head phone for various type of music, i love them with male voices
enjoy 

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:
If anyone is still reading this thread, the bass only lacks without an amp.  With an amp, the bass is punchy and has extension.  With a proper amp, you can feel the HD 595s pumping sound into your head.  It is a pretty awesome feeling.

I am, nearly 2 years later...
So, my 595s could benefit from a better amplifier rather than heading to HD 650s. I'm thinking Little dot Mk3?
Cheers
Bryan

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
Thank you for saying this.  The HD 595 needs a certain synergy with an amp.  With an iPod, it sounds like crap, whereas from a proper source it sounds much better than it costs.  Pairing with a vintage amp can definitely help.

I am thinking of buying these from my friend for cheap, but I like bass. Which amp would you recommend with these to get a good level of bass? Right now I have a Fiio e6, would that be enough to raise the level of bass in them?

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #21 of 23
According to the Fiio web site, the e6 has a "bass boost" of 2 levels which would be worth trying. I have the e7 which has a bass boost of 3 levels. I have mine set at 2 and my HD 558s sound great with it, but I'm not a basshead.  I don't know what you are moving up from, or if you prefer closed headphones these are definitely open.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 23
I have a pair of HD 595s I use for watching TV at night and I am running them out a a Mackie mini mixer (jerry rigged setup) and they crank out plenty of bass on explosions, etc. that I had to turn the bass down on the mixer a bit. So my guess would be anything with enough to power them would do you fine.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #23 of 23
I loved mine. The cats ripped the cord out at the earphones tho. Unless I can open and solder (not an expert) I fear they are a goner... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back