HD595 Help. Bay Area.
Dec 17, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #16 of 19
Actually don't buy expensive aftermarket cables !!! Physically they don't alter sound. It's unmeasurable, period. What you can hear, you can measure too.
Buy some ordinary 24AWG OFC (oxygen free copper) wire - it should be as good as silver. With impedance of 50 ohms you don't have to care about cable capacitance which is measured in fractions of ohms (way below 0.1 Ohm) and with literally near-zero current flowing through the cable you can have it made out of anything conductive.

Maybe you have some friends (or friend's friends) who can solder but still don't know they can; maybe their parents can - just ask some people around you.

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can order a replacement cable from Sennheiser for like $15 or something. I would just do that.

+1

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #18 of 19
I ghetto wrapped the cable with eletrical tape, I don't hear any interferance that's noticible, so I guess it's back to normal.

About the GF, keeping her. just not allowing her to come to my place where she can destroy my **** if she gets pissed off... childish, yes, but I know / hope she'll grow outta it

also, it wasn't just ignoring her, it was pretty much blatant ignoring the fact she was already pissed at me. I know you all will agree with me because of the price of the headphones. but she's probably in the right here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back