HD595 Help. Bay Area.
Dec 16, 2007 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Mysticcal

New Head-Fier
So...

I was ignoring my GF this weekend and she chopped the cord on my much used and much loved HD595s.

pulled back the cord thinking I could just wrap the wires and be done with it but it looks much to be too much of a hassle..

so I'm looking for a shop, or someone in the bay area that will patch (solder) my headphones on the cheap..

I love these headphones, I'm even wearing them right now because they're so comfy... despite me not being able to listen with them
frown.gif

Also, if anyone thinks that I should rather just upgrade the cable at this time. (I was thinking about it). Feel free to chime in.

if a mod feels a better section for this, then please move it... I'll also post on CL but I really couldn't find any "for work" ads in this dept. there.

Thanks.

BTW. never ignore your GF.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 19

Mysticcal

New Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like an excuse for a recable
smily_headphones1.gif

you had the same thought as I.

problem is. I can't recable as far as I can tell. unless it's easy and sans soldering.

If you could recommend a cable to replace (preferably steel exterior :p) lmk

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 19

hanalei mike

100+ Head-Fier
sounds like an excuse for throwing her out the window

Dec 16, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 19

The_Duke_Of_Eli

Headphoneus Supremus
Apuresound? Although you'll pay ~200$ for it.

You may want to consider finding a local hobby shop or friend to do it, or try it yourself. They really are nice headphones, but for the cost of putting on a decent cable, there may be other alternatives. Entire cable replacement isn't too bad, but irregardless, there's a bit of soldering and disassembly not for the faint of heart.

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #9 of 19

espire

500+ Head-Fier
That's a terrible thing to do just because they were probably being irritating and deserved to be ignored. Make her pay for it, whatever you'll do.

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #14 of 19

supermoo

100+ Head-Fier
From sound of your post you ignored her and then she tried to get your attention by cutting the cord. LOL I think you should tell her how much they cost and have her buy you a new cable from Sennheiser. It's a little sad picturing you sitting there with a HD595 on your head with a piece of cable dangling out the left side.

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #15 of 19

d.phens

100+ Head-Fier
My advice is get rid of her. Aw man she's behaving like hysteric child. Ignore her completely no matter how she looks. If she wasn't sober then maybe I would tolerate it but if you have no problem socializing find someone else before she totally ruins you.
A ripe person would need a better excuse for such crime (i.e. cheating her).

Users who are viewing this thread