HD580s .. is it me or do they just get better as you go.
Jan 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

solarflare

100+ Head-Fier
Ive been Running HD580's with 600 grillz and ive went through about 3 HD650 Cords " recently ordered 2 more " 

Ive got some seriouse Hours on these suckers 

I run them on my PC pushed by a Xonar Essence STX soundcard on "ExtraGain (+18Db 300-600ohmz). and mixture made sure both ears are 100%...... 

Now Last night i had my first scare really i thought somehow a driver finally gave out or something. 

So i popped a part the Headphones and popped the driver out "all within line 5min" to inspect the driver -- I find a bunch of hair got through the foam .. carefully pull it all out with tweezers do the other driver aswell while im at it. 

Put them back together and BACK IN BUISNESS BABY! 

These things can still be cranked out to the max this soundcard will push "way past what your ears can take" and never distort one bit and i think they now sound better than they did new years ago if anything they just get better with use. 

-----------

people ask me why i paid so much "new" for these headphones. 

this is why people .. this is why. 

3 cords = 3 sets of cheap headphones 

cleaning out your drivers = infinite amount of headphones. 

worth every penny and sound so much better for everything from music to gaming. 

just thought id give some props to the HD580s for this. and sennhieser for making such a strong durable product. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 3
And I thought I was the only one to go through 3 HD 650 cords, heh. Something about them seems prone to fail, though I'm quite a bit less abusive to cables than I used to be, and have learned to watch where I step as well as the position of cords in relation to wheeled chairs.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 3
I roll over em with the chair sometimes. or drop the headphones when i get up and they hit the end .. 

at least you can replace them on a good set of phones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back