HD580 not bad!!
Sep 12, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is not news but I was pleasantly surprised when I got the couple of pairs I ordered for fun. These headphones are pretty good. I am using a 650 cable on one of them and a 580/600 cable on the other. My question is what would be the most ideal cable for the 580's? My 650's like the Equinox and my 600 like the Cardas. This is what works best but what's been known to be really good on the 580's. I am expecting a Zu Mobius cable and would appreciate advice on where that cable would best be placed.
Thanks,
600smile.gif

I've had 580 , 600 , 650 and some aftermarket cables : cardas , ZU , Dragons and others . I ended up keeping and using only hd600 without outer driver foams + kimber kable , the result is the more close to the hp-2 possible and it's better then other combination for overall presentation and equilibrium to my ears -

hd650 were ALWAYS somewhat bad-bass-vibed , I had no luck in building a system around them for flatting the midbass prominence. I was too much distracted in the long terms and the exceptional airy (breathing..) manners and superior resolution falled short on the mid bass problem and the rolled off highs .

hd580 were very good - because more balanced .
hd600 added something on ( maybe only the grills instead of plastic , don't know )

in my system the hd600&kimberkable perform noticeably well for soundstage picture , accuracy of reproduction of recording , and for bass too , as well as mantaining very good p.r.a.t. . They do not pale when compared to ps-1 too .

just my exp.

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #19 of 21
I like mine well enough. They're the only senns I've ever owned, oracle hardwired balanced 580s, that I run out of the balanced outs on my minidac. They're much better than they have any right to be.

That said, they'll be for sale eventually, because I'm still not a senn fan. They're just the best option until my amp is fully realized.

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #20 of 21
How does it compare to the 701? I have the 580, but wanting to try a different can. I used the 580 with an original master amp, and an emu1212m. Listens mostly to mainstream music with 256kbps mp3 on average. Should I go for the Beyer880 or AKG 701?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back