HD580 Cable Replacement
Dec 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hdlovar

New Head-Fier
Hey there everybody,

Had an incident involving my canine and 580 cables and I was wondering how I should go about replacing these suckers.

I've heard a lot about upgrading cables making a difference in SQ, but what am I going to have to pay for such an upgrade?

If I was looking to just simply replace the cables that were destroyed, where should I be looking? Would it be possible to order directly from Sennheiser even though the 580 has been discontinued?

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 7

If I'm not mistaken, the 580's use the same plugs as the 600/650's and Sennheiser is still selling replacement cables for those.

se

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Ok, so a replacement from sennheiser is $33 shipped.

What could I expect to pay for a decent upgrade from the stock cables?

Cardas
Double helix (Peter is a cool guy, fairly cost effective if you need it to be as well)
Moon Audio (Great cables, really nice looking)
Q-Audio (I think they only make an LCD-2 cable, but they probably can do one, I hear good things about their LCD-2 cable)

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the quick reply Chris.

I ended up grabbing a 650 cable from sennheiser USA, so I'm good on the cable!

Also, if anyone else was curious, the replacement was $13; $20 if you count shipping, but I also had some hd600 grills in my order.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 7

Are the replacement cable from Sennheiser the same cable on the headphone or better cable than the stock?

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Chris.

I ended up grabbing a 650 cable from sennheiser USA, so I'm good on the cable!

Also, if anyone else was curious, the replacement was $13; $20 if you count shipping, but I also had some hd600 grills in my order.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Are the replacement cable from Sennheiser the same cable on the headphone or better cable than the stock?

The replacement cables are the same as the stock ones that are sold with the cans; however, I decided to buy the 650 cable to replace my stock 580 cable because the 650 cable is thicker and more durable. Some people claim there is a sonic difference between the stock 580 and 650 cables, but that's not why I purchased it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back