hd555 stock cable mod
Nov 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

doctorbeat

New Head-Fier
Hello, head-fi, it´s my very first post here however i'm a user of this forum for quite a while.
I own a hd555 headphones and a asus xonar d2x and im very pleased whit it it's awesome!
A month ago i done my first mod to the hd555 (the foam mod) and it made a massive difference, im looking into doing the other mod when i remove (cut) the other grill, what do you guys think? will it make a difference?
Anyways, aside that i was tired of the hd555 stock cable so i bought a cotton cord (3mm) and wrapped around the stock cable. (btw it took a WHILE to do it)
Im pretty happy with the results because the cable looks so so much better, and it made a very very very slight difference in the sound ( the highs are more crisp (looks like they have a better dynamic range) it's a very tiny difference but it's there!) :)

here's a picture of the end result:

Hope you guys like it! :wink:

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to Head-fi!

The grill mod should change the sound somewhat, yes. Whether it's for the better is hard to predict. 

The extra cable sleeving does look good. Next it will be time to rip out the stock cord, and throw some mogami in there with a better connector. :D

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 7
<Hello!

I've done it.

The soundstage mod... it really makes a difference... punchier bass and crispier highs... it sounds so awesome..!
I cant believe how easy it was... just cut it with some nail scissors... so fast and easy..!
Best mod for 30minutes evar!

:)

BTW im portuguese so my english is not that great! xD

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 7
Your english is much better than my Portuguese. :wink:

Glad you are enjoying the modded 555's - they are a bargain for the sound they can produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back