HD555 or MS-1
Mar 12, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by aud1ophile
well, considering I already have headphones specialized in gaming, and they're good for movies too, I might as well go with the MS-1s, which can handle all music genres easily, but surpasses in rock/metal?

Good place to start -- and determine your next headphone purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 21
don't remind me
orphsmile.gif
but when I look for my next purchase, I know right where to go. I would've gotten the DT880, or the K 701s, or even the 650, but I'm not going to blow my money like alot of the people here did. Just to make sure, how does the MS-1 compare with other headphones in movies? Thanks everyone.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #19 of 21
If you're worrying about bass on MS-1s, you can always grab replacement pads, such as TTVJ's flat pads. I'm using HD414 pads reversed, and they give bass a more pronounced effect than the comfy pads.

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #21 of 21
I'm kinda having doubts, considering I've PM'ed alot of people saying that the HD 580s surpass the MS-1s by a large margin, and that the bass on the MS-1s aren't nec. the best for hip-hop. So I'm thinking about a new pair of headphones. I can spend ~$130, and so far i've seen alot of praise for the K501s, but heard they lack bass. Anyone can suggest other headphones? How's the AKG 240S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back