HD518 Bass.
Dec 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

usg414

New Head-Fier
Hey i'd bought  a pair of Sennheiser HD 518.. So these were my 1st buy in the higher range.. I'd read reviews of great booming bass  and it being the best part of them...
I'd used them for 2 months.. n did'nt find anything great about the bass(which i was expecting to blow me away :p) but the smoothness, clarity and soundstage in Games, movies, music.. are appreciable and enjoyable. and  made me forget the bass part ...

Not until recently though i bought Soundmagic E10's for portable use.. ANd i've noticed that the bass is far more felt than 518's. Its like 518 dont have any bass at all. Btw the Soundmagic E10's aren't even known for their bass..
So, i've wanted to know if this is the signature of the 518's or is there maybe any prob with the Headphones.

Much appreciate ur views..

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 8
I own them, and is not booming. even amping them, you wont get booming bass. these aren't basshead cans, they're an attempt at neutrality under $150

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 8
I understand it may not be booming, but it must be felt right? THe sound seems very flat even on the bassiest of songs..  But i guess this is their signature.. And the definition of excellent bass..

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 8
Mine are felt. I actually tend to eq them down a bit. Mess with your equalizer until you get a sound you like.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #8 of 8
I own them, and is not booming. even amping them, you wont get booming bass. these aren't basshead cans, they're an attempt at neutrality under $150

In that case Sennheiser failed utterly. A good attempt at neutrality under $150 is Sony MDR 7506. HD 518 is over-bassed and lacks clarity (muddy).

I will respect your opinion but choose to disagree entirely. I liked the bass on the HD518 quite a lot, and I didnt find it muddy at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back