HD449 price;
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

usg414

New Head-Fier
On amazon Sennheiser HD 449 are available for 119$, dont u think they r overpriced, HD 518's are only 10$ more..
I dont think the price diff is indicative of the performance diff.
In INDIA the 449 are 40$ cheaper than 518  i.e for abt 90$..
Would u justify them for that price?

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 2
Heya,

Sennheiser, while they have some nice headphones, have a lot of mediocre to bad headphones in the market because they have it flooded from A to Z in every niche and price range. Literally. Everything from $20 to $30,000 has a Sennheiser niche headphone. We talk about a few of them that are good, like the HD580, HD598, HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, but there are a lot of bad ones. I consider the whole HD4xx line to be essentially junk/toys. They all feel like cheap plastic, the pads are cheap material, the cables are weak stringy things and their sound is not impressive at all, average really. I compared a skullcandy hesh to a sennheiser HD448 and was sort of "meh" as they sounded so similar. Both are toys, but the hesh was $45 or so while the HD448 was considerably more retail (you can get them cheaper of course elsewhere).

Point being; just because it's Sennheiser doesn't mean it's good. They're a big brand name, with a few good products, and a lot of market niche products as they try to compete with others from being taken over for sales like Skullcandy (who literally dominates the low end market of sales). Hence everyone is now releasing the urban raver hiphop trash looking stuff in their mid-fi and hi-fi ranges of headphones (look what Denon did... bleh).

In the $100 range, I wouldn't even look at Sennheiser frankly.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back