HD280pro after 2 years of use: Terrible Build Quality
Jul 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #16 of 22
my pads started to show wear after about 2 months...i wonder if any other headphone company's pads will fit on them...

Jul 21, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #17 of 22
OMG guys, do you all really expect pads to withstand usage of more than a year? Unless they are real leather pads (even these pads are subject to degrade since inside materials cannot withstand pressure between headphones and your head) they will die like these, let alone '2 years.'

Pads WILL wear off after sometime, and you NEED to replace pads.

I replace my headphones pads' regularly. Most of time, they began to degrade after 6 months of continuous usage. I see many people in this forum do not realize this fact.

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm how often do you use them? Once a month?

I use mine everyday for a few hours a day...maybe my sweat is acidic or something and it corrodes the materials, i don't know :/

Blecch! Nasty..
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out some pictures of my HD280Pros after 2 years of use....these phones have such ****ty plastic and terrible ear pads everything is literally falling apart...

anyone know where I can get some replacement earpads?

I'd like to make you an offer on these phones right now! That's right! And here it is: FIVE bucks!
eek.gif
I recommend putting it towards a pair of M-audio Q40's.

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #20 of 22
Hhhh. I know this guy who's car is totally trashed after only two years. The car was built well - he's just totally careless.

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my pads started to show wear after about 2 months...i wonder if any other headphone company's pads will fit on them...

yeah i was thinking the same thing...pleather sucks i was hoping maybe i could get some better material this time around so they last longer

Jul 21, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #22 of 22
Agreed on the questionable build quality. My headband cracked after about 2 years; but jesus christ man, I can barely tell those are even 280s anymore. I would've replaced those pads LONG ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back