HD280pro after 2 years of use: Terrible Build Quality
Jul 19, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

thrive

Head-Fier
Check out some pictures of my HD280Pros after 2 years of use....these phones have such ****ty plastic and terrible ear pads everything is literally falling apart...

anyone know where I can get some replacement earpads?

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out some pictures of my HD280Pros after 2 years of use....these phones have such ****ty plastic and terrible ear pads everything is literally falling apart...

anyone know where I can get some replacement earpads?

Here you go:

Retail 2002

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 22
Mine 280-13 did the same thing after about 3-4 years of light use except the textile under the thin leather-like plastic is intact.

I haven't noticed any difference in the sound of course

EDIT: btw the porta pro pads are much worse

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can still use it fine and it still sounds good but i just sometimes need to tuck the foam pad back inside the pleather casing since its exposed....

i dunno how much new pads would be, but a quick price check on the net shows complete fones with warranty under 50 bux...... dakmart.com has
them cheap. i dont know anything about them though. just found them on a search.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 22
i think it is time for a new pair. New pads are like $25 after shipping and it looks like the headband is pretty beat up too... I see these things all over craigslist for $50. Or you can use this as an excuse to upgrade...

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #12 of 22
yeah i agree. with the amount you'll spend with replacement parts, you'll probably end up somewhat close to the price of a new pair. though, the new pair won't have 2 years worth of burn-in on them, haha.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #13 of 22
maybe u should swap the drivers into a new pair... these headphones need a ton of burn-in to sound good

Jul 20, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine look the same as they did two years ago when I got them.

hmm how often do you use them? Once a month?

I use mine everyday for a few hours a day...maybe my sweat is acidic or something and it corrodes the materials, i don't know :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back