HD280 vs Beats by Dre
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
REMEMBER, Dr. Dre Beats speaks quality and awesomeness because it was created by Monster! And we know Monster makes quality cables with no influence of marketing on their prices, logically deduce their only headphones, Dr. Dre Beats at $300 means its quality. And that $300 has nothing to do with marketing, its solid research and development behind that price. And of course, when I want a headphone designed, I turn to Dr. Dre cause he's so smart.

My avatar is perfect for this post
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 to the D2000's, they're so comfortable and sound great.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwhisper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah my point was that anything has more bass than the HD280.

This is a very weird post! HD280s fall short in a lot of ways, but they are most certainly not lacking in bass quantity!

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by PG21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beats are definitely more comfortable than HD280 I'll tell you that.

But they sound like rubbish! And they are no where near as comfortable as the Bose QC2/QC3s.

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a very weird post! HD280s fall short in a lot of ways, but they are most certainly not lacking in bass quantity!

No offense, but I agree with dreamwhisper. The HD280 sorely lacks bass quantity.

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but I agree with dreamwhisper. The HD280 sorely lacks bass quantity.

I have to conclude that neither you nor dreamwhisper have actually heard HD280s! I own a pair (for travel.) The only cans I know of with more bass quantity are DT770/80s (and perhaps Bose junk.)

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #36 of 48
The Dre's are definitely comfy, but the SQ just isn't up there.

I also walked by bestbuy today and tried the QC3's(saw them as I was walking around). The have a very fake kind of sound that just didn't sound right.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

I have to conclude that neither you nor dreamwhisper have actually heard HD280s! I own a pair (for travel.) The only cans I know of with more bass quantity are DT770/80s (and perhaps Bose junk.)

Look at my signature. It's under the current category!

It's been well known and said many times that the HD280's bass extension is very good, but the impact isn't there since their midbass is very lightweight! Now if you were to say that the bass quality isn't lacking, then I would agree.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Now if you were to say that the bass quality isn't lacking, then I would agree.

This keeps getting more confusing! Bass quality (along with quality in general) is precisely what the HD280s are lacking. It is bass quantity where they are not lacking.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

This keeps getting more confusing! Bass quality (along with quality in general) is precisely what the HD280s are lacking. It is bass quantity where they are not lacking.

The HD280 has a very tight and well defined bass that extends very low. How is that not quality bass?

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

The HD280 has a very tight and well defined bass that extends very low. How is that not quality bass?

If that description were true, then it would be quality bass. In fact, HD280 bass is muddy and boomy, not well defined at all (though it does go very low and there is a lot of it.)

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #41 of 48
I guess I am the odd one out, but I would choose the Beats over the HD280's any day. I have heard both, and neither of them impressed me. The Beats one just gets some style points that the HD280's dont.

However, that is just a comparison between those two cans. With $300, there are a lot of better options.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I am the odd one out, but I would choose the Beats over the HD280's any day. I have heard both, and neither of them impressed me. The Beats one just gets some style points that the HD280's dont.

However, that is just a comparison between those two cans. With $300, there are a lot of better options.

I might actually agree with you. If forced to pick between the two, I might just choose the Beats because they're more comfortable, better looking, noise cancelling, and they can be had in a version that allows you to talk on your iPhone with them and use the iPhone's line controls.

But with $300 to spend on headphones, I wouldn't come within 1000 miles of either.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

If that description were true, then it would be quality bass. In fact, HD280 bass is muddy and boomy, not well defined at all (though it does go very low and there is a lot of it.)

I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't want to further this debate with more arguments.

With that aside, how did you come to the conclusion of HD280 having plenty of bass quantity?

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #44 of 48
Some headphones can have alot and boomy bass when they are not properly amplified, I noticed this for instance with ultrasones. Maybe you should state what equipment you are using them with, it could explain your different experiences.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #45 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some headphones can have alot and boomy bass when they are not properly amplified, I noticed this for instance with ultrasones. Maybe you should state what equipment you are using them with, it could explain your different experiences.

The last time I put on my HD280 before I gave it to my gf was amped by an iBasso D2 Boa.

I'll have another go with it this Sat with my Audiotailor Jade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back