HD25-1 ii
Jun 8, 2011 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Phishman

New Head-Fier
Jun 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #3 of 15
I'm not sure which part of this product listing at Amazon is correct, but note that the Item model number is shown as HD25SP-II.  For those not familiar, this might indicate (but, again, I'm not certain) that the listing is for this:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/professional_headphones-headsets_headphones_502103

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
I'm not sure which part of this product listing at Amazon is correct, but note that the Item model number is shown as HD25SP-II.  For those not familiar, this might indicate (but, again, I'm not certain) that the listing is for this:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/professional_headphones-headsets_headphones_502103

You're right.  That's a good catch.   There's also a few reviews complaining about this exact thing confirming that they're shipping the SP.  They've got that really screwed up though since the photo and title is for/of the 25-1.  I sort of wonder what amazon will actually do for you in a case like this.

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 15
These should maybe really be the SP version because then the price would be reasonable..

http://www.thomann.de/de/sennheiser_hd25_sp.htm?ctype=2&gclid=CNXMuMzIpqkCFQuEzAod6n43vw

Further there is one review which takes care of the splitted headband

"Picture for this product shows Sennheiser HD-25 Head phones with two strap headband. Further inspection by clicking on large picture shows that it is the HD-25 SP one strap version. Just a heads up so no one gets bamboozled."

Too slow.. :)

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 15
That's a good price for a good headphone, and great deals can happen for a time. I remember getting legitimate HD 25-1 ii headphones from Newegg.com for $99 a while ago. For some reason they were blowing them out. 

You're right about the model number listed on the Amazon page, but given that the page title, photos, and product description all match the HD 25-1 ii, I'd chance it. Amazon's customer service is pretty good. I think if they sent you the SP, you could get them to honor the shipment of the correct model, or at lest a full refund with relatively little hassle. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #7 of 15

Looks like the person who wrote that comment did that 10 months ago, so hopefully its right now.  I did click on the picture and the right picture did come up. 

I went ahead and ordered a pair.  DAMN YOU HEADFI.  That brings the total this past two weeks to an HD650 (thrashed though..thats another story), Denon D2000 (couldn't say no to 184.99 shipped), and now these.  I guess I was trying to justify my purchase because I thought I could use my D2000 portably, but they are too big, so I will use these instead.  Whatever makes me feel better....

Well played headfi, well played.

Quote:
These should maybe really be the SP version because then the price would be reasonable..

http://www.thomann.de/de/sennheiser_hd25_sp.htm?ctype=2&gclid=CNXMuMzIpqkCFQuEzAod6n43vw

Further there is one review which takes care of the splitted headband

"Picture for this product shows Sennheiser HD-25 Head phones with two strap headband. Further inspection by clicking on large picture shows that it is the HD-25 SP one strap version. Just a heads up so no one gets bamboozled."

Too slow.. :)

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 15
Let us know the result of your order!!!!
normal_smile .gif
  I just bought used one for $145 last week.
mad.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
Looks like the person who wrote that comment did that 10 months ago, so hopefully its right now.  I did click on the picture and the right picture did come up. 

I went ahead and ordered a pair.  DAMN YOU HEADFI.  That brings the total this past two weeks to an HD650 (thrashed though..thats another story), Denon D2000 (couldn't say no to 184.99 shipped), and now these.  I guess I was trying to justify my purchase because I thought I could use my D2000 portably, but they are too big, so I will use these instead.  Whatever makes me feel better....

Well played headfi, well played.

Head-fi is known as a place to loose the rationality.. :)

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 15
I got mine a few weeks ago from amazon uk, real deal.
The more music you play with it, the better it gets. Drowns out the outside world completely. Haven't tested it on a plane yet but the isolation is awesome.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 15
I looked again today at the headphones on amazon.  Looks like the price went back up to 194.95.  The comments and the page are for exactly the same pair of headphones.  It even shows at the top of the page that I ordered them a few days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-Professional-Headphone-Earcups/dp/B000TDZOXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307945140&sr=8-1

I'm hoping that I scored a killer deal.  I am also kicking myself for not ordering a few more pairs at that crazy price!

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #12 of 15
UPDATE:

I received the hd-25SP the first time they sent me my package, but I called Amazon, and they happily sent me a call tag for the headset I didnt want, and sent me the HD-25 -1 II.  They cross shipped with expedited shipping!  I received the SPs on friday, they cross shipped on saturday, and I received them today!  Such great customer service!  I have been at the hospital, but I will be sending back the SPs I received tommorow.

HD-25 1 II for 130 shipped!  This is even better than my Denon D2000s for 185.00 shipped!

Days after I ordered, the prices raised back up to the 195.00 price, but the item number on the page is still the same. 

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
UPDATE:

I received the hd-25SP the first time they sent me my package, but I called Amazon, and they happily sent me a call tag for the headset I didnt want, and sent me the HD-25 -1 II.  They cross shipped with expedited shipping!  I received the SPs on friday, they cross shipped on saturday, and I received them today!  Such great customer service!

I figured they'd do well by you since they were the actual sellers.  
tongue_smile.gif

That's an awesome deal.

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #14 of 15
Congrat on this amazing deal!!! I'm still waiting for my set to show up. They are still at the post office (base on the WEB) because they are on strike/lockout. 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back