hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350
Jan 29, 2013 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ellis ip

Head-Fier
I have got an diy cryo 7N pure copper today with the hd-25, i bought hd-25 not long before the announce of amperior, i am using d2+ for amp now(i will upgrade amp later) imod5.5(mundorf) and diy copper and sliver mix cable.
First talk about the comfort of those hp
hd 25 = amperior > dt1350
Hd 25 and amperior quite sqeeze my head but the dt1350 more worse(t50p is the worse)
Also those hp is hot when wear in summer
hd 25 and amperior can change earpad so win this round
Potential
hd25>amperior>dt1350
Dt can not change cable thats one of reason why i sold it. Hd25 must need amp to push but more detail sound, amperior most easy to push don't need amp.dt1350 more easier to push but not the most.
sound signature
Hd 25 and amperior is similar warm sound , dt is clear and sound a bit cold.
Bass
Hd25 copper cable > amperior > hd25>dt1350
Hd25 change copper cable bass stronger ,
bigger like'boom' sound. Amperior is strong and bassy too but tighter bass and not better the hd25 change cable
Mids
Dt1350>amperior>hd25 recable>hd25
Dt1350 have great mid,very clear detail sound , amperior is not as detail but more forward , hd25 wasn't that bad but compare it is just ok , the recable one have great improve it almost same as amperior.
Treble
hd25 recable> amperior>hd25>dt1350
Recable one is more clear, forward and smooth, amperor smooth but not forward enough > dt1350 is to harsh to me i love warmer and smooth sound.
Soundstage
Hd25 recable > dt1350 = amperior >hd25
Recable hd25 improve a lot. Actually their soundstage almost the same (except recable one)
Finally conclusion
Hd25 is a nice cheap portable headphone
It always the best in my heart.amperior and dt is good to but when u recable it( similar price) hd25 is better i think. Although some people thinks it ugly, poorly make quality (i know dt and amperior more beautiful. ) but if u want beautiful and cool why don't u buy crap beats? Hd25 can beat all monster and beats although beats much higher price. Thanks just first time to write and share.
i used kaskade fire and ice, connie talbot-the beautiful world and jackie evancho behind the sliver screen to compare, wav files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back