HD-650's in stock anywhere?
Aug 10, 2004 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

PhilS

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking to try out the Sennheiser HD-650 (I have the HD-600 now) with a variety of equipment that I have on trial (cables, amps, etc.). Unfortunately, the place I ordered it from has it on back order and is now estimating a September shipment (as opposed to early-August when I ordered it), as do a few other places I contacted. Does anybody know of any company that has it in stock at the going street price, which appears to be $350? I can cancel the other order if I can find them somewhere else. If I don't cancel the order, my trial period on the other equipment I have on a trial basis will likely expire by the time I get the HD-650. Thanks in advance for any help.

Aug 10, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
I am looking to try out the Sennheiser HD-650 (I have the HD-600 now) with a variety of equipment that I have on trial (cables, amps, etc.). Unfortunately, the place I ordered it from has it on back order and is now estimating a September shipment (as opposed to early-August when I ordered it), as do a few other places I contacted. Does anybody know of any company that has it in stock at the going street price, which appears to be $350? I can cancel the other order if I can find them somewhere else. If I don't cancel the order, my trial period on the other equipment I have on a trial basis will likely expire by the time I get the HD-650. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.bigbangelectronics.com/pr...=5&pf_id=hd650 This one,did u contact them already?I dont see the way to check availability on their website.Sennheiser had a fire accident on their factory thats why...

Aug 10, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Sorry for being OT, but I see they have written the following in their HD650 product description:
Quote:

Have you ever owned the world’s best anything? It’s amazing. No, not for the pride of it, but for the luxuriantly comforting experience of deep quality. The 650 is no exception, the music is so smooth and relaxed when it’s supposed to be; so liquid quick, so punchy on demand; so competent you just fall worry-free into its embrace. Such a thing is the new HD650. A perfect example of the near perfection attained in a headphone.

This looks like it's ripped off directly from headroom's product description:
http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...tID=0020080650
I suppose this text could have been provided by Sennheiser, but I thought Headroom did their own descriptions? If it's ripped, that's pretty damn shady on bigbang's part.

Aug 10, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 21
so this means that I cannot get a new HD650 currently? I was thinking of getting one for my balanced gilmore.

Aug 10, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
so this means that I cannot get a new HD650 currently? I was thinking of getting one for my balanced gilmore.

You can get them, but I haven't found anyone who has them in stock at the $350 price, which seems to be the going best price on the internet from various retailers. I have another source at $410, but don't want to pay that much. I assume local retailers will not be able to match the internet price, plus there is also tax if one goes that route.

Aug 11, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Todd and Headroom are both waiting for shipments from Sennheiser.

Nice, I ordered a set of HD-650's from Todd last night on the premise that they were "In stock and shipping".
mad.gif

In stock here, but $380 is the price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=310010&is=REG

Aug 11, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Nice, I ordered a set of HD-650's from Todd last night on the premise that they were "In stock and shipping".
mad.gif

Todd told me by email that it would be early September I think. It's probably hard to keep websites up to date in a situation like that, unless you happen to one of the big guys that has people to do that all day.

Aug 11, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Todd told me by email that it would be early September I think. It's probably hard to keep websites up to date in a situation like that, unless you happen to one of the big guys that has people to do that all day.

Dammit! I just sent my Etys out for repair today as well. No quality tunes for me for awhile.

Aug 11, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Or I could just hold on to that Gilmore for you
biggrin.gif

how about you lending me that HD650 you have? I'm perfectly fine using the balanced gilmore to power all my unbalanced cans too so it really isn't a problem.

besides, I've lent out my grace 901 to fliz and if I let you borrow the balanced gilmore that leaves me with a grado HPA-1 to power all my cans.
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
besides, I've lent out my grace 901 to fliz and if I let you borrow the balanced gilmore that leaves me with a grado HPA-1 to power all my cans.
frown.gif

And a better excuse to buy a Stealth or Supra I can't imagine
biggrin.gif

I actually would let you borrow the HD650 if they weren't my only high-end cans, unless a temporary swap could be arranged...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back