HD 650 + Little Dot MKIII or D5000 + PA2V2
Jan 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ticktockwock

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm new to the world of over ear headphones and was wondering which of the two combos above would be best, i currently own the SE535 which sound amazing. I listen to mainly trance, dance, rock and indie and was wondering which of these headphone combos would be best for those genres. I will be using my sansa fuze (lod) and lossless music to ethier of the amps.  The price of the two combos is around £400 $614 each. If you have any other suggestions for that price range then feel free to post away.

Thanks

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Hi there,

I'm new to the world of over ear headphones and was wondering which of the two combos above would be best, i currently own the SE535 which sound amazing. I listen to mainly trance, dance, rock and indie and was wondering which of these headphone combos would be best for those genres. I will be using my sansa fuze (lod) and lossless music to ethier of the amps.  The price of the two combos is around £400 $614 each. If you have any other suggestions for that price range then feel free to post away.

Thanks

Well, they're two very different setups.

HD650 - Dim/Dark treble, mid-bass, needs amplification, open-air, so leaks, no isolation at all.
D5000 - Slight sparkle to treble, huge sub-bass, no amplification need, closed back for some isolation.

Owning both, my preference is the D5000. I like there to be some excitement to the treble, not just a dark pile of mids & mid-bass. And I listen to tons of trance/dance/house, so the D5000 is hands down my favorite there, since the HD650 can't drop a 30hz tone with the authority that the D5000 does.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back