HD-600 and replacement elements..
Aug 24, 2004 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

audio_juggernaut

New Head-Fier
So I recently runied my HD-600's and need to fix them A.S.A.P.! I ran the vaccuum and put it too close to both of the earcups. Now the speaker is blown out. I've heard that all I need to get is two more elements and install them and they will be perfectly fine. Is this true?

Here is the link to what i am thinking of buying. Is this the correct item I need?
http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=049294

Thanks in advance,
aj

Aug 24, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 8
I'll bite, why were you vacuuming your expensive headphones?
confused.gif

Aug 24, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 8
That really doesn't matter but if you must know they were filthy and it slipped my mind that it would ruin them. I was very tried at the time... Could you help me out as far as answering the question? I am already going to have to pay lots to get these fixed; I don't want to be criticized for it. I just want them back!!!

Aug 24, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 8
yup, this are the elements you need to buy and replace them with the old blown ones. as far as how the repair process goes, well i havnt done it yet(knock on wood) but i would imagine its pretty much self explanatory. good luck...
CHEERS

Aug 24, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 8
I see that Sennheiser US has lowered their price for a replacement element. You might want to check with Head-Fi sponsor Jan Meier to see what price he can get the elements for. The repair process is a simple snap the old one out, and snap the new one into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back