HD 595 Cable Upgrade
Feb 10, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 9
The easiest way to upgrade it would be either splicing the stock cable, or manually soldering onto the pins (on the cable) directly.

Personally I have not got around to try upgrading my HD555's cable yet, but I plan to balance it.

Feb 10, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm kind of surprised given the quality and popularity of the 595 that no one offers a re-cabling service. I would think there's be many owners happy to fork over.

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 9
recabling is highly possible, but i have yet to attempt it.

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 9
I had the HD595 and I now own the HD650.
I would never recable the HD595. I would get rid of them and get a much better pair of cans. I would only consider recabling headphones that are worth the work and money.
The HD595 is a very poor performer in regards to other cans that have the same price tag.
Also, the HD555 doesn't benefit very much from amplification. You'll most likely hear teh caracteristics of the amp (sound colouration) IMO.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet! I have been looking for cables for my two HD595's.

That's ridiculous!
confused_face(1).gif

I'd sell both, save on the recabling and get the HD800 instead.

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 9
The easiest way to upgrade it would be either splicing the stock cable, or manually soldering onto the pins (on the cable) directly.

Personally I have not got around to try upgrading my HD555's cable yet, but I plan to balance it.

anyone tried to balanced it?
what is the proper connections?
red = right? left? + or -?
blue = right? left? + or -?
white = right? left? + or -?
black = right? left? + or -?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back