HD 595 50 ohm / 120 ohm
May 17, 2010 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mAurelius

New Head-Fier
I have a question for someone who might know the history of the Sennheiser HD 595's. I've seen a few current listings that are supposedly "new", but they list it as 120 ohms on the Specifications.

I did some search on the forums here but there doesn't seem to be any update on this issue in the past 5 years or so (can't find any recent threads).

Specifically, I'm looking at these on Dakmart:
http://www.dakmart.com/p4513/Sennheiser-Hd-595-Hd595-Headphones-bstock-with-Warranty/product_info.html

I was under the understanding that Senn has only made the 50 ohm version for the past number of years. Is that accurate? I would imagine if that was the case these would be the 50's.

I called Dakmart and they said they don't know.

Also, once I get them (if I buy), is there a way to tell which they are?

Thanks for your help!

May 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 3
I just answered my own question...for anyone else who might be curious about this:

I just called Sennheiser, and they confirmed they are the 50 Ohm versions. He said that if they're new at any store, they'd be the 50's as they haven't made the 120 Ohm in a long time (he said a number of years). 

This is definitely important to note as I've seen a bunch of sites with a typo showing it as 120 Ohms (Ebay for example seems to list it that way with the default listing). 

Just thought I'd put that update for anyone wondering the same thing.

-Mark

May 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks for the info.
i had the hd595 50 ohm myself, and wondered just exactly how many 120 ohm models were out there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back