HD 555 Durability
Jan 4, 2005 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TheMedic00

Head-Fier
Hey, I wondered if anyone could tell me how durable the HD 555 is. How is the heandband? Any reports on it cracking like the HD280? How about intermittancy issues like the HD580,600,650?
I won't be throwing these around or anything, but I don't want to have to baby them to keep them in one piece.
Thanks for the info.

Jan 4, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 10
my friends are like 3 months old and have zero issues. hes not rough on them, but he doesnt treat them like a baby. they have nice study feel to them.

Jan 4, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMedic00
How about intermittancy issues like the HD580,600,650?

The cable attachment is better done, there's a support clip that takes the strain off the connector so I think it will last much longer.

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMedic00
durability issues have kept me away from Senn up to this point.

May I know what kind of durability issues you have with senns ? Apart from rotting pads, three vintage senns over here are working fine with no intermittent issues on connectors. To me senns are very much like energizer bunnies of headphones, they just keep going, and going ..

Anyway 595 is going 6 months now, with no problems or cracks on its very flexible headband, despite looking more flimsy compared to that of 580's.

Jan 4, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #8 of 10
It's not anything against Senns really, as I know may people that have them and are very satisfied. I have problems with my hands, and I am clumsy in general. I have seen headband cracks on the HD280, and I have heard of many problems with intermittancy in the 580, 600, 650 series. Opening up the headphones and fixing small parts is NOT an option for me, so I was leary about getting them despite their quality of sound.

Summed up: I want something that will last without sending it to the factory yearly and without repairs on my part. That's something I expect for $100+ (call me spoiled).
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 10
1 more thing... how much sound do these leak? I understand that they will leak as they are open, but how far would the sound travel? Would it be enough to bother someone in another room if turned up fairly high? I know that may sound ridiculous, but I haven't had a pair of phones this open before.
I didn't want to make another thread just for this question. Thanks for the patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back