HD 25-1 II coiled cable?
Jan 17, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 23
Your local Sennheiser agent will be able to supply it.

It's the cable for the HD 25-C II.

*Don't* ask for a coiled cable for the HD 25-1 II or it will only cause confusion. The HD 25-C II is identical to the -1 except for the coiled cable.

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #5 of 23
The cable is #523877 but I cannot find it on Sennheiser's shoddy replacements shop. Thomann wants a hefty €55 for it, while I also found it in the UK for about €40. Sadly, nobody states the material. As the move from steel to copper cable makes for a significant difference in the HD25, this would indeed be very nice to know. At the price, I would pretty much expect it to be a copper cable.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 23
Coiled cables *have* to be copper - you can't coil a steel cable.

The straight cable is steel - The HD 25 are pro. headphones and steel doesn't break.

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 23
Tell me please, what are these lenghts of HD25-1 II coiled cable (see the attached image.):
1. A>B. From Y-split to where the coiled part begins;
2. B>C. The coiled part itself (just hanging, not stretched) - very approx.;
3. C>D. From where the coiled part ends to the male jack plug.

Am choosing, which cable to order with headphones. Thinking to cut 3m cable at around 1m from headphones for portable wear and leave the remaining (mostly coiled) part as an extension.

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by active /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanted the cable to be copper, but no way of hiding 30cm of coiled under the shirt. I better go for 1.5m of straight steel then.

Consider shortening/reterminating the regular copper cable, you really don't want the steel one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back