HD-200 or something else?
Dec 29, 2001 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 23
Oh yea, SBLive is basically some of the worst sound quality out there. I learned this listening to stuff through it with my Beyer DT831's...

*shrugs*

Any ways, thinking of upgrading your sound card? First, a few questions: How badly do you need EAX for four speaker gaming? How badly do you need A3D for headphone (read: with the V6's) gaming? You can sacrafice none of these features and get good sound quality (by getting an audigy or philips sound card), you can sacrafice EAX to get GREAT sound quality (Turtle Beach Santa cruz--My suggestion for use with headphones), or you could sacrafice all gaming algorithms and get AWESOME sound quality (Audiophile 24/96).

Dec 30, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
Oh yea, SBLive is basically some of the worst sound quality out there. I learned this listening to stuff through it with my Beyer DT831's...

*shrugs*

Any ways, thinking of upgrading your sound card? First, a few questions:

How badly do you need EAX for four speaker gaming?
I don't... I'm not that much of an avid gamer. I would just need the basic L/R stereo.

How badly do you need A3D for headphone (read: with the V6's) gaming?

Similarly, read above.

You can sacrafice none of these features and get good sound quality (by getting an audigy or philips sound card), you can sacrafice EAX to get GREAT sound quality (Turtle Beach Santa cruz--My suggestion for use with headphones), or you could sacrafice all gaming algorithms and get AWESOME sound quality (Audiophile 24/96).

I haven't seen any TBs selling retail in Australia
frown.gif

But, does the Audigy really make that much of a difference in sound quality?

Dec 30, 2001 at 1:10 AM Post #19 of 23
Well, does this stuff make a difference? Are these differences that great?

Ah, that's where I fall apart, my friend!

Granted, the difference between a real, true, 24/96 audiophile sound card and any of these consumer sound cards should be quite great... but, what about the difference between the "good to pretty good" gaming sound cards? Supposedly, it is audigy is a very small amount worse than acoustic edge which is a very small amount worse than santa cruz.... but, never forget one thing about *any* information I give out... it's probably hearsay. And, sadly, with sound cards, I haven't seen a lot of people directly compare these in sound quality alone. Yes, I do have a SLive X-Gamer in my computer, and I do have a TBSC (that came with it...only a Dell, 2-channel version, one that has been banged around so much I really doubt it still works, and that I haven't listened to with any of my audiophile equipment, ever) sitting next to me....

wink.gif

Dec 30, 2001 at 1:15 AM Post #20 of 23
I see.

Well, I'll probably end up buying the Sony 7506.
If worse comes to worst, I'll hear the crackling/hissing sound and end up having to buy the Audigy. Looks like the bank might be a little dry soon
frown.gif

How would it sound with the MX400, which I have in my other computer also?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Blood-Eye
...The 7506 is especially designed as a "flat response" headphone and is recommended for critical listening, eg mixing. The more expensive 7509 has a "warmer" sound but is not recommended for mixing as the frequency response is not flat...

Wouldn't it be the other way around (vice versa)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back