HBO's The Newsroom
Jun 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 49
Probably one of the best season premieres of a series that I've ever seen. Jeff Daniels was amazing, especially in that very first scene. Will be a show I'll definitely be looking forward to all week.

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 49
Quote:
Probably one of the best season premieres of a series that I've ever seen. Jeff Daniels was amazing, especially in that very first scene. Will be a show I'll definitely be looking forward to all week.

If this series never exceeds this moment I will watch it until it runs its course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs&feature=related

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 49
I never even heard of it until I accidentally started watching it - it was surprisingly good.  I'm not sure that the rest of the series will be near as good as the premier but I hope it stays worth watching.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 49
Quote:
I never even heard of it until I accidentally started watching it - it was surprisingly good.  I'm not sure that the rest of the series will be near as good as the premier but I hope it stays worth watching.

I loved the premier, the second show was good, but not quite as dramatic. I haven't watched the third episode yet, but it's on the DVR...

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 49
Just last night was my first viewing (Free premimum channels for 3 months given by DishNetwork as a retention bonus incentive), and I was captivated by this very well done HBO series.

Exceptional !

I'm happily hooked, looking forward !

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 49
Maybe it's because of the proliferation of mindless TV programming that I have become increasingly sensitive to lately, but whether you like Aaron Sorkin or not it's nice to see a program, like "The Newsroom," that assumes that the viewer is reasonably intelligent and challenges the viewer to keep up...

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 49
The show is over the top with dialogue. Bantering back and forth faster than you can comprehend. Scenes of the breaking stories/on the fly
improv and just general climax is quite enjoyable 7/10 so far. But Breaking Bad returns tonight..

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 49
Quote:
...But Breaking Bad returns tonight.

Yeah, I know...my wife and I are  "Breaking Bad" junkies! We began watching it last season. I recently purchased all four seasons on blu-ray. We have had a couple of marathons sessions over the past week. Right now we're a couple of shows into season three. I think we're going to record the first episode of season five tonight, and by next week we'll be all caught up..."Justified" is another great show, and we're already looking forward to "Walking Dead! (...too much TV!)

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #10 of 49
Quote:
Yeah, I know...my wife and I are  "Breaking Bad" junkies! We began watching it last season. I recently purchased all four seasons on blu-ray. We have had a couple of marathons sessions over the past week. Right now we're a couple of shows into season three. I think we're going to record the first episode of season five tonight, and by next week we'll be all caught up..."Justified" is another great show, and we're already looking forward to "Walking Dead! (...too much TV!)

I'll be sure to post some thoughts on the premiere tonight! 
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 49
yea, after the second one I thought the premier was a fluke but it's been a first rate show.  Though they are going to run out of strong memorable one sided (ie, I doubt too many people are pro oil spill) news stories without some serious time traveling.  an unexpected great show.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #13 of 49
I have to admit I really loved the show (first few eps) but now I found myself quite disinterested.
There just doesn't seem to be character development, none that's interesting at least. The bantering dialogue is still fun.

I am planning on sitting out the rest of the series and will just run through it once HBO decides to do its marathon.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #15 of 49
Powerful first episode and have been watching it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back