Hawaii meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #16 of 68
I'm down, my ZMF Omni is coming in sometime in october, hopefully. All I got now is my T1 and Alpha prime, along with a bunch of dac and amp including Chord HUgo portable.

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 68
  I'm down, my ZMF Omni is coming in sometime in october, hopefully. All I got now is my T1 and Alpha prime, along with a bunch of dac and amp including Chord HUgo portable.

sounds good...perhaps we can look into october if we can get 5 or 6 guys to commit to a date...not sure of venues.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 68
  reviving this thread...anyone looking to get together for a mini-meet? last one i can remember here was about 8 years ago and i don't think those guys are still active here. i know a couple more guys who would be interested...

i have a new KGST being built and should be here in the next couple of weeks so would love for others to take a listen...anyone here interested?

Count me in, only problem is most of my stuff is in storage until the end of Oct when I will move into different condo.  Currently in Japan for my high school friend daughter's wedding, be back in a week.
PS: posted this in the HD-650 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/197776/sennheiser-hd650-impressions-thread/28530#post_11894908, my friend has some really nice stuff.

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #19 of 68

Count me in, only problem is most of my stuff is in storage until the end of Oct when I will move into different condo.  Currently in Japan for my high school friend daughter's wedding, be back in a week.
PS: posted this in the HD-650 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/197776/sennheiser-hd650-impressions-thread/28530#post_11894908, my friend has some really nice stuff.

sounds good! i think we should wait, then. want to have as many things as possible so we'll wait til your stuff is out of storage. we can start thinking about potential dates and venues...then i'll start another thread where we can start listing attendees and potential gear.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #22 of 68
Hi guys, just got back from Japan, wish everyone could get to my friends house and listen to the equipment he has.  I'm still on schedule to move in to new place on 16 Oct so Nov looks good right now.

PS: depending on when in Nov I might have a Sr-009/SRM-007, my friend in Japan is giving me his second one that me doesn't use anymore.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #23 of 68
Oh a Hawaii meet would be awesome, I live in ewa. Would definitely be interested in joining.

Don't really have anything overly fancy to offer though.

The plan was to go on a shopping spree in Japan in December, but that'll likely be after the meet.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #24 of 68
Oh a Hawaii meet would be awesome, I live in ewa. Would definitely be interested in joining.
Don't really have anything overly fancy to offer though.
The plan was to go on a shopping spree in Japan in December, but that'll likely be after the meet.

As I posted above, just got back from Japan.

Hate to bring bad news but the cost of everything is Japan is high right now and has been for the last 10 years or so since the dollar is so weak against the yen.  I'm really lucky to have a great friend who happens to be quite well off (quite rich) and was able to stay with him so I hardly spent any money since he and his friends refused to let me pay for anything.

But if you go shopping check out the Akihabara(?) district, you might find some deals on stuff you can't get in Hawaii, and if be careful if you find the prices too cheap, lots of fake stuff being sold.

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #25 of 68
november sounds good. I have a KGST coming soon for my SR-007A so there will be at least one stax setup. we should start brainstorming about places we can have the meet.

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #26 of 68
checking in...anyone here still interested?

also, any of you guys have stax gear? more specifically, any of you have a stax amp that i could use to test my 007A? it has a channel imbalance that has digressed to a completely lost left channel, and i want to know whether it's my headphones or my new KGST. if anyone has a stax amp, i'd love to just stop by and test my headphones to verify that it's the headphone and not the amp...please let me know if you can help. thanks!

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #27 of 68
  checking in...anyone here still interested?

also, any of you guys have stax gear? more specifically, any of you have a stax amp that i could use to test my 007A? it has a channel imbalance that has digressed to a completely lost left channel, and i want to know whether it's my headphones or my new KGST. if anyone has a stax amp, i'd love to just stop by and test my headphones to verify that it's the headphone and not the amp...please let me know if you can help. thanks!

Still interested in a meet.

As for the SR-009 and SRM-007? amp that my friend gave to me, it might not be here for awhile, he had to change his vacation plans due to a high priority project.  At this time he might be able to get it to me some time in Jan.

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #28 of 68
Are you guys looking to meet in Hawaii, as in Big Island, or we talking Oahu?  I've been a lurker on this form for years and never really bothered to check for local meets since I just assumed our audiophile population could probably be counted on one hand.  I'm in Pearl City.  

Have some new toys coming in about one month - Mr. Speakers Ether C, 64 audio A4, Chord Mojo.  Joined the AKG K7XX Massdrop but that'll take another 6-8 weeks to arrive at my door.  Current inventory isn't very impressive - Philips X2, Philips SHP9500, V-Moda CFW, V-Moda Zn, Shure SE-530, Shure SE-215, Jaybird X2, JDS Labs C5.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #30 of 68
Haven't heard from anyone on this thread for a while but most of us are on Oahu, I'm in town, close to convention center, @Law87
 is in your area IIRC, @kyamei
 is in ewa,   Don't know where the others are located.
@kugino
, @Clear Water
 still game for a meet?
I'm in town as well. would still like to meet up but i have a half-functioning sr007A. have some other items, though. do we have a place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back