Having Trouble with the Seal of Your UE?
Feb 1, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by s4one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have SF5's in the mail but I am confused on the "flip flop" aspect. Can some one explain? Do I flip the earphones or the the wire on the earphone?

basically, SF5s have detachable cables... so u can pull them out at the connector part.
Originally this is how it is:
Left Wire --> Left Piece ---> Left Ear
Right Wire --> Right Piece ---> Right Ear

now u are detaching the wire, and swapping the ear pieces:

Left Wire --> Right Piece ---> Left Ear
Right Wire ---> Left Piece ---> Right Ear

so normally, u would have the logos facing the front, but then after the swap, the logos would be facing ur ear (or covered)

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #18 of 21
Since there are two pins on the connectors, I was wondering which way should the L and R letters face on the cable when connected? Should the be towards or away from the earphone? Does it make a difference?

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytrogyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since there are two pins on the connectors, I was wondering which way should the L and R letters face on the cable when connected? Should the be towards or away from the earphone? Does it make a difference?

The L and R on the cables should be facing inwards like they usually do

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The L and R on the cables should be facing inwards like they usually do

I just switched the cables so they face inwards, I noticed the bass has improved and the sound does not muffle when I turn on "bass boost" on my iPod.

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, okay, thanks a lot...

wow, ive went back to original position, and they SUCK!!!

Yeah, I have to say this is a good mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the seal to be better but the comfort was worse. Like the entire IEM was impacted into my ear.

I think this is probably do maybe have small ears, I think my ears are just perfect for them not to start to try and irritate them.

About the soundstage, you have to think about common sense, if you switch earphones and put the R earbud with the L cable (even though it's switched around to match) it's still gonna affect the soundstage a tad bit, but not by much. I've tested just to see, and I switched them from and forth and the sound doesn't change drastically to where it would affect the sound so much to say that the bass went from punchy to outrageously muddy. If that's the case, than that's probably not do to the mod, but maybe the IEM's themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back