Having to crank up the volume for small details?
Jul 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Music3nthusi3st

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of monster turbines and they are great, but I am finding that I have to turn up the volume alot to get the small details that I like to hear as well. Somethings feel like they are veiled compared to other songs, but I do think it's the way they recorded it. Like Puttin' on the ritz sounds perfect, but songs like Break by three days grace, the vocals seem less clear, not sure why. Generally to clear some of the veil I have to turn the volume up which helps sometimes, maybe an eq? I was wondering if an amp of some sort would fix this? I do like to listen to my music medium, but not medium-high. I'm sorry if it seems unclear, but this is my first pair of good quality iems lol

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 11
I haven't experimented with that recently because all of my media players are unable to be used -.-; go figure. But when they're back online ill do that. hey do you get slight distortion with this song? www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=HSY2TGG_6aU

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 11
You know, I just thought of something...

Have you tried different tips? It could help.

Just guessing, Jim

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 11
If you hear a slight distortion, it could actually be your source then...  I haven't listed to the YouTube video (have no Turbines either :p), but most of the time (if its an official video with proper recording), distortion won't be common.  That said, I'm willing to bet it's your source more than anything.  Laptops tend to add noise (static) to sound when you play them...  Get a better DAC :p

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
I haven't experimented with that recently because all of my media players are unable to be used -.-; go figure. But when they're back online ill do that. hey do you get slight distortion with this song? www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=HSY2TGG_6aU

The song is fine on my side, although it's just a bunch of WOOOOOOp WOOOOp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back