Having issue access Head-fi
Oct 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 17
  Hi,

Does everyone have issue accessing Head-fi? Everytime I got into Head-fi, my browser redirects me to the below link:
hxxp://findingresult.com/?pid=9PO98WX17&dn=visualdna.com&rpid=9PO160YOL

It happens when I go to Head-fi only. 

Thanks!

That looks to me like your browser has been hijacked by a virus, trojan, or similar.

It might be worth you trying an online virus scan, such as:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/support/tools_homeusers.htm

(make sure you don't have illegal files on your hard drive, if you are running an online scan).

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 17
Also see:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20100811171926EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 17

That looks to me like your browser has been hijacked by a virus, trojan, or similar.

It might be worth you trying an online virus scan, such as:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/support/tools_homeusers.htm

(make sure you don't have illegal files on your hard drive, if you are running an online scan).

Thanks for the info! It looks like the kids have downloaded and installed some Roblox stuffs that compromised the PC. I ran "hijackthis" and was able to delete some entries caused the issue. Everything is working fine now.

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 17
Glad you got it sorted.

I don't know how computer-savvy you are, but if you can run Hijack this, I'm guessing you're pretty comfortable with a reasonable degree of software usage.

That being the case, there are a number of softwares available that can protect your PC, and, if you have kids installing dubious things without your awareness/permission, then a rollback-style software might be a good option for you, as it can reinstate a working configuration each time you reboot the computer.

Alternatively, you could run your computer browser within a sandboxed virtual environment.

And plenty of other options, too.

I run Comodo free internet security and it's very powerful - astonishingly powerful when one considers that it's free.

But it does need patience to configure correctly, so it's not for impatient people or total noobs/luddites...

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 17
Maybe set your power settings to sleep or hibernate, after a chosen duration of time, then? (thus requiring password to be re-entered in order to resume using your account profile)

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 17
One of the ads pushed by head-fi has some Javascript hijacking.
Just disable Javascript for *.head-fi.org

I only had the problem with Chrome and Head-Fi (all other sites OK with Chrome, Head-Fi OK with Firefox) so I took your advice.
OK now - thanks

P.S. to disable Javascript for Head-Fi and chrome it's:

[*.]head-fi.org             block

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 17
Ah, well I do use 'NoScript', which is a Firefox add-on / extension.

Head-fi is shamefully resource-heavy.

Still stand-by the earlier suggestions, too!
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #11 of 17
I only had the problem with Chrome and Head-Fi (all other sites OK with Chrome, Head-Fi OK with Firefox) so I took your advice.
OK now - thanks

P.S. to disable Javascript for Head-Fi and chrome it's:

[*.]head-fi.org             block

Note that you will lose some features, but I leave Javascript disabled anyways, as otherwise it's popup-a-palooza, and heavy.

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #13 of 17

​Same problem. Redirect to findingresult.com on any head-fi.org page (and ONLY on head-fi-org).  Dislabiling java solves it, but makes many of the site functions onusable, so hopefully Head-fi will find the offending script and fix it.

Only on Chrome browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back