Having Grado Problems...
Feb 6, 2008 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

manofmathematics

500+ Head-Fier
Now, I love the Grado sound, that is for certain, but something wierd is going on. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure. I, for the life of me, can't seem to find a balance with my 225's. No matter what I do the left/right channels seem to be off, and I mean way off. Like one side is far in front of the other. This is not something that I experienced with my 60's.

My signature says I'm using the Vincent, but that is not true as of today. RMA'd....and glad that it's gone. Going right out of the Jolida right now, but the problem was persistant with the Vincent as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe the cans? Maybe just me? Maybe I need to sell them and pick up a pair of K701's? I just don't know.

Thanks.

Feb 6, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Do you think there's something wrong with that particular pair, like a channel imbalance? You could send them in to be fixed.

If you want to try something similar to the Grado sound, you might want to take a look at the Beyerdynamic DT880. Similar, but more neutral across the board except for a little lift in the treble. Good stuff.

If you listed the SR-225 here, they'd sell in about an hour and probably for almost enough to cover a DT880.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back