Having fun in Huntington Beach
Feb 17, 2006 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everybody! I'm on break from HeadFi right now because I'm having a blast down here in California at the moment. If I weren't, I'd either be moping around or posting
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyway, at my myspace page I've blogged the experience so far, and it continues. It certainly wasn't what I had expected and despite being the least wealthiest person in Huntington Beach (I have $70 or so and that's it), I still manage to have a good time. The best and worst part is that there's nobody here- apparently in February even the beaches don't get that much attention, so not enough cute girls around
plainface.gif

Considering how this experience has been so far, I'm definitely going here again, hopefully with a D50 at my side to capture the scenery, and boy is there scenery!

580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 17, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 17
I liked Huntington Beach last time I was there, lots of nice clothing stores, surf shops, and restaurants. I was there in probably mid-March or so. It was warm enough that people were laying out on the beach and playing volleyball but still too cold to swim or surf (without a wetsuit at least). Sounds like you're having fun at least!

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 17
don't forget, hermosa, santa monica (around that area is the 3 story mall, forgot the name of it tho with outside shops), venice, redondo and manhattan and then a bit further away malibu, laguna etc etc
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
I liked Huntington Beach last time I was there, lots of nice clothing stores, surf shops, and restaurants. I was there in probably mid-March or so. It was warm enough that people were laying out on the beach and playing volleyball but still too cold to swim or surf (without a wetsuit at least). Sounds like you're having fun at least!

I hope to come back in March at the soonest, so perhaps there will be more going on. And yep, I am definitely having some fun! Oh, and one restaurant was very much worth a quick mention, the Sugar Shack- the best place to eat breakfast in Huntington Beach, and not just for the food. I was lucky enough to be able to have a meal without being on a long waiting list, which is apparently the norm there. I also saw this ubercutie working at this fish & chips joint here as well, and i think I might have caught a glance of her again earlier at the beach walking around. Methinks I'll have to go for more fish & chips before I depart for Salem, hmmmm
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 17
Listen Geordi (Seeberg is henceforth known as Geordi LaPhone until he changes his Avatar SO SAYS ME...and it was sorta so) you are quite a lively guy, you ever considered moving down there (to a relatively crime-free area)?
It might give you the opportunity to move on to greener publishing pastures (possibly).
And where are you staying right now? with a friend?
One of the setbacks is that it costs way too much cash to live in cali.

And I am hereby starting a petition to have him change his avatar back to his retro b&w (no, not the root beer) one.

Did I forget to mention that there aren't really any crime free areas relative to Oregon?

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Dude, you gotta go to Laguna. That's where my friends LC and Kristin hang out.
tongue.gif

LOL...totally like i totally agree with him dude, laguna soooo rocks!
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
Fat girls need lovin' too.

so do the ugly ones.

Feb 18, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #10 of 17
I've always thought that Huntington Beach is the one of the dirtiest, most populated beaches in America. I remember the beach had to be closed for the first two years of my high school days because it was deemed unsafe.

Feb 18, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 17
People go to the beach at Huntington Beach?
confused.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Dude, you gotta go to Laguna. That's where my friends LC and Kristin hang out.
tongue.gif

Sure buddy. No OC'n for me, I don't roll with that crowd
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by antiant
LOL...totally like i totally agree with him dude, laguna soooo rocks!
tongue.gif

If you mean Laguna Seca, I'd totally agree, but I haven't been able to visit any racetracks on this trip so far. I want to though, and besides Laguna Seca, there's also Infineon Raceway, which is also somewhere here in California.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
Listen Geordi (Seeberg is henceforth known as Geordi LaPhone until he changes his Avatar SO SAYS ME...and it was sorta so) you are quite a lively guy, you ever considered moving down there (to a relatively crime-free area)?
It might give you the opportunity to move on to greener publishing pastures (possibly).
And where are you staying right now? with a friend?
One of the setbacks is that it costs way too much cash to live in cali.

And I am hereby starting a petition to have him change his avatar back to his retro b&w (no, not the root beer) one.

Did I forget to mention that there aren't really any crime free areas relative to Oregon?

Hehe, Gigs, I can't change my avatar just yet
tongue.gif
So be patient, and I will blow you away (when I can figure out how to get certain effects out of Photoshop 7)with a new smooth avvy. Anyway, nope, I wouldn't consider moving down here unless I had the constant high income to get by. This place is wayyy expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm staying with my brother Paul and we're officially doing work at a construction site on Humboldt Island, doing some work on a multimillion dollar home and trying to insure that it passes inspection. What's nice is that I'm typing right now via WiFi, which one of the workers here set up for us on a laptop so I can get my 'net fix everyday
very_evil_smiley.gif
Also, I'd much rather live in a place like Portland, a place with lots of people, a whole lot less crime than Salem, and I'm not 100% sure on this, but there was some survey in the Reader's Digest (the read while you're on the toilet magazine) that said that Portland is the cleanest large city in the US.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
Fat girls need lovin' too.

Uhhhh, yeah, okay.
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
so do the ugly ones.

Um, sure. Not sure how that got mixed into the topic but whatever.

I was fortunate enough to make use of an Olympus FE100 for some shots, although this is a far departure from the kind of camera I'd want to use for this stuff, the P&S did quite well capturing the grandeur of the Pacific at sunset here:
p10100161zq.jpg

p10100175rl.jpg

580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 22, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 17
Huntington Beach is great, I used to really like going there with friends for bon fires at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
If you mean Laguna Seca, I'd totally agree, but I haven't been able to visit any racetracks on this trip so far. I want to though, and besides Laguna Seca, there's also Infineon Raceway, which is also somewhere here in California.

Borat means Laguna Beach, which is about 20 minutes further south down PCH. That's where there is an artist community and there are some cool galleries, shops, and restaurants.

For just laying out on the beach, I liked Salt Creek which is down at Laguna Niguel where I grew up (right next to the Ritz Carlton). It's smaller and more intimate, with a beautiful lagoon. You certainly won't see those ugly oil rigs off shore like at Huntington...so sad that they started putting those things out there.

Feb 22, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #14 of 17
Dude! smaller pics pleeeeease
eek.gif

I like HB but it has changed a lot over the past 5+ years and is starting to get more like Newport with the rich snob attitude. Huntington Surf and Sport is where I buy many of my clothes and I got my board at Jacks. BJ's has the best pizza and Hurricanes for drinks! There is so much to do in So Cal... damn I hate living up in Nor Cal sometimes
mad.gif
I guess our camping is better at least!

Feb 22, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Huntington Beach is great, I used to really like going there with friends for bon fires at night.

Borat means Laguna Beach, which is about 20 minutes further south down PCH. That's where there is an artist community and there are some cool galleries, shops, and restaurants.

For just laying out on the beach, I liked Salt Creek which is down at Laguna Niguel where I grew up (right next to the Ritz Carlton). It's smaller and more intimate, with a beautiful lagoon. You certainly won't see those ugly oil rigs off shore like at Huntington...so sad that they started putting those things out there.

I know he means Laguna Beach, I'm just messing around cause I have racing on the brain
tongue.gif
(the Raceway is in Monterrey, which I want to visit) I do agree about the oil rigs though. It's a bit of an eyesore, and there's also more oil drilling going on inland as well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Dude! smaller pics pleeeeease
eek.gif

I like HB but it has changed a lot over the past 5+ years and is starting to get more like Newport with the rich snob attitude. Huntington Surf and Sport is where I buy many of my clothes and I got my board at Jacks. BJ's has the best pizza and Hurricanes for drinks! There is so much to do in So Cal... damn I hate living up in Nor Cal sometimes
mad.gif
I guess our camping is better at least!

NO SMALLER PICS FOR YOU! MWAHAHAHAHA
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually, I didn't know until just now that imageshack gives the option of shrinking resolution and it was already too late, but I'll keep it in mind next time. And yeah, the rich snob attitude is a major turn off, primarily why I wouldn't want to make my residence here.

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back